DVD blunders, falls, obvious mess ups, etc?

Were there any falls or anything this past season, I dont remember seeing one!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any falls or anything this past season, I dont remember seeing one!!

Cavies during the traffic jam a contra comes near the front sideline and bites it, then gets up and makes it to his spot just in time to hit the block (he's near the front corner on the right as you are looking at the form)

I saw him go down at the show finals night - you can just see him go down I think on the DVD

Wasn't there a baritone in Phantom that took one in the face during a pass through?

This is a sad topic calling out performers. <**>

There was just one thing that bothered me, a member of SCV was chewing gum during Finals retreat!!!!

Yup....figures he missed the ensuing command, as well.

I just HAVE to ask.....was it REALLY worth it to chew gum? Jesus christ. You're a member of the Santa Clara Vanguard, a corps generally/formerly recognized as one of the "classiest organizations in drum corps," and you thought it was just THAT necessary to chew gum in uniform during retreat? I have enough respect for my former MARCHING BAND uniform to not chew gum while wearing it (unlike cursing in uniform....which, my senior year, we actually encouraged, lol), let one that of the Vanguard.

Ditto; I wouldn't want to be called out.

BTW, gum ain't nuthin. I had a flash camera. ;)

Well pssh, so did everyone. I guess my perspective on the matter is the opposite of yours; I think chewing gum in uniform looks MUCH worse, personally. ::shrug::

Edited by Jared_mello

Well pssh, so did everyone. I guess my perspective on the matter is the opposite of yours; I think chewing gum in uniform looks MUCH worse, personally. ::shrug::

I'd rather see chewing gum in uniform, than smoking cigars on the way to the gate in uniform... :ph34r::lol: :sshh: :sshh:

Not quite a fall or anything but...

You can see a Spirit contra miss his dot during the ballad, I think he needed to go another yard line over and stopped too soon on accident and when he realized the guy next to him was about to hit him he adjusted and got to where he was supposed to be.

A friend of mine found this one and told me about it, which I then witnessed, but I don't own the DVD to give a number or anything.

Not quite a fall or anything but...

You can see a Spirit contra miss his dot during the ballad, I think he needed to go another yard line over and stopped too soon on accident and when he realized the guy next to him was about to hit him he adjusted and got to where he was supposed to be.

A friend of mine found this one and told me about it, which I then witnessed, but I don't own the DVD to give a number or anything.

Stupid corps marching the dot instead of the form :P