Do you dot shop?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt being attacked great?? mmm i love it =P

its funny how saying your a dot hunter translates into that you do it during shows. no just during !!rehearsal!! ~im not sorry for trying to be consistant. i never said i dont guide form.. everyone assumes right away ahhh he's evil kill him!!

if you look at a form it takes up space front to back as well as side to side. and sections connect to other sections. just say umm the people up in the front of the form are crunching the 3+ pace interval into a um 2.. what do the rest of the people do behind them?? creat 5+ pace intervals?? creat a tear between the sections??.. just think that if you had a 20 member section and the first 6 or 7 people were at 2's instead of 3's or 4's.. that would cause a huge problem with with the last couple of people in line.

its easy for the people up front to say nooooo you cant be a dot diver raaaawr .. in all reality the people in back need the people up front to do a tad more dot diving.

i just dont see the big deal.. there are pleanty of good corps out there that put an emphasis on the dot. (cavies) yes dot hunters or w/e you wanna call it but you see once they have the coordinates down and the muscle memory and the consistancy down they can forget all that and go with form.

if we really didnt need dots then why the dot book on the field?? why give us dots?? i could easily just float ~~im floating... im floating~~ weeeee how fun.. or maybe im just tired.. and i dont feel like typing.. ya thats it.. hmmm ya bye

Edited by erictuba16

I always call it/them "dot nazis" :worthy:

terrible? maybe..... but that's what I've always heard it called.

So does that mean you should stick with your interpretation of what fortissimo means and ignore what your instructor teaches you? Stick with your personal definition of what tenuto means, what marcato means, what legato means? Drum corps is not about individuals, it's about a group of people performing as one. If you're going to take it upon yourself to be a crusader during a show and be "right" just to prove a point, you're bringing your corps down. That's all there is to it.

i am going to be a crusader during my shows this year!!!

:D

What?

Who is writing your drill and painting your fields?

Everything from the front sideline and the front hash is right, so if you count your steps from there you'll be on your dot. Everything from the back hash and the back sideline is off by a step and a third. You cannot evenly divide a football field into how ever many steps there are on a drill page. This is common knowledge in the Drum Corps world, and if you call yourself a good marcher you should know this.

If you take a diagonal and half of it counts (with a proper 8 to 5) from the back hash and back sideline and the other half counts from the front hash and the front sideline the diagonal will be off by a step and a third in the middle. All good techs know this and teach it when learning drill, ask anyone in a top Div I corps or people in Academy, ECJ from 04, Spartans. How do you think BD, Cavies or Cadets do drill? They use the step and a third and if they didn't there drill wouldn't be as good.

This is another big problem with Dot hunting/shopping/whoreing, lots of people don't know about this. So if the line is being set from the front and they a stepping off from the front hash and a person in the back goes to their dots on the drill page and steps it off from the back hash............. they're wrong.

Not trying to rag on you or anybody, but you really can't call yourself a good/smart marcher if you've never heard about this or don't use this.

Edited by DClifer06

When did the Cavaliers switch to form during finals week.....?

I have NEVER heard of this change in philosophy for them, and it seems to go against everything they strive for all season by setting to the dot.

In the great words of Jeff Fiedler "Don't trust the idiots next to you, go to YOUR dot"