Does the City name in your corps represent you?

I was driving to Edgerton Park this weekend, looking at the skyline and glancing at Peatec park, wich is 5 mins litterly from where Cru practices, and it got me to thinking. How many corps can say they practice IN THE CITY of their nameship. I do recall a big up-fuss about Sky practicing in NJ, but they can't be the only ones that do similar things.

Where does you corps practice?

Is it in the City that your corps alledgally (sp) represents?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bucs do. Although Reading is a very large area when you include all the surrounding communities. Chieftains always practiced in the Lehigh Valley. But again, same deal... large area. Sky hasn't been in New York City in years, but I challenge anyone to say that they don't "represent" the Big Apple. Sunrisers are in Rockland County as they say. Also a relatively big area. That's about all I can vouch for personally.

Chops, Inc. is, at the moment, based out of Minneapolis. For the first time this season, we finally had a rehearsal in the city. Well, a hornline sectional. And I think we have two more? Maybe?

Yeah, our link to Minneapolis is a PO Box. Otherwise, we're rehearsing in the surrounding area (Coon Rapids, Blaine, Eden Prairie, Waseca, Farmington...). And I think we're moving our "home" officially to East Bethel, making the city our fourth "home" (with Waseca and Rochester preceding Minneapolis). We run our charitable gambling from East Bethel, and we have camps there.

To answer your question, in a word: No.

The Bayonne Bridgemen practice at the corner of 4th St. and Broadway, Bayonne, NJ. Or at Veterans Stadium, Bayonne High School. (Occasionally we may head out to "Site Z", but for all intents, it's a Bayonne thing.

We're the San Francisco Renegades, and for a while now, we've been fortunate enough to rehearse on Treasure Island in SF. But with property prices at such a premium, it's difficult to get rehearsal facilities where billionaire homeowners don't complain about the noise. So, we're pretty much held hostage to what ever kind school will allow us to practice there.

Harrisburg Westshoremen do, even tho our name is basedon being from the West Shore of the river :P

Music City Legend rehearses in Madison, Tennessee, which I'm guessing to be 6-8 miles north of the city limits. But if the corps was called "Madison Legend" it would be, uh, confusing...

The Hawthorne Caballeros rehearse in Hawthorne.

Didn't the Bushwackers used to have themselves announced as being from Thermopolis, Wyoming?

Don't the Connecticut Hurricanes hold their camps in Rhode Island?

The Skyliners USED to hold their Friday night rehearsals on Randalls Island, underneath the Triborough Bridge. THAT was pretty cool! Now they frequently rehearse in Pennsylvania.

But I think it's probably true that most all-age corps are regional organizations.

It's not possible that there's enough open space in Atlanta so, oh never mind...

Edited by K2SMA

Frontier from Dallas does not generally rehearse IN Dallas. We have been to Carrollton, Garland, Grand Prairie and most recently Plano over the Memorial Day weekend.

While outsiders would call those cities "Dallas" it would not technically be correct as these are independent municipalities within the sprawling Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area.