Cadets 06 Show

I'm not. But if you think about it, quality has objective properties as well as subjective properties. Adding an amplified vocalist singing a rock and roll song to a show of symphonic music objectively detracts from its quality, no matter what any fan thinks.

No, adding an amplified vocalist singing a rock and roll song doesn't do anything objectively. It's a matter of opinion, and is therefore subjective.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, adding an amplified vocalist singing a rock and roll song doesn't do anything objectively. It's a matter of opinion, and is therefore subjective.

That may be the case, but I am still a firm believer that it does detract from it objectively.

However, I will offer an argument no one can reject: I personally would not like this vocalist to be featured in the "History Repeating" seciton, and, if nothing else, I would prefer she not be included so that it can maximize my own personal enjoyment of the show when I see it live, listen to the recordings, and watch the DVDs.

I think you'll two will have to agree to disagree. IMO, quality is a matter of opinion.

I just saw the BD clip on Blueview 7.....that along with what I've heard from Cadets....this is turning out to be a heck of a summer. I can't wait.

Say what you will about 1999, I marched that year, shows now are way more entertaining than they were back then. My corps finished 11th in 99, we would struggle to make Semis today.

I'm not. But if you think about it, quality has objective properties as well as subjective properties. Adding an amplified vocalist singing a rock and roll song to a show of symphonic music objectively detracts from its quality, no matter what any fan thinks.

Can you please stop touting your opinion as fact? We understand that you don't like the singing in t hat section of the show, but please stop trying to tell us why it should be taken out, as if you are proving some scientific theory.

Jubilee Games...

That's one serious Cranking tune, cant wait to see how this show plays out Visually when I get to see em come Madison. Sweet!!

I think you'll two will have to agree to disagree. IMO, quality is a matter of opinion.

I just saw the BD clip on Blueview 7.....that along with what I've heard from Cadets....this is turning out to be a heck of a summer. I can't wait.

Throw Cavaliers in that mix above, and I agree with you. Everything I've heard about Cavaliers show makes me wish they were coming out to California this year. Thank goodness DCI does the Quarterfinals theater thing!!

--

doug

Wow what a hornline book, the low voices sound suh-weet. When they polish that up, that's gonna be amazing.

I hope the guard is doing just as well. I saw a clip of them on the YEA! website, with just them dancing, and they looked pretty good.

That may be the case, but I am still a firm believer that it does detract from it objectively.

But it's a subjective opinion that you're offering. :D

HOw could you bash that clip? in my OPINON I thought the singing was VERY tasteful and the recording was much better quality. WOW it's gonna be a great summer. What a great push there at the end with " The Garden" .. Wow This early!

can't wait.