Let's see you!

That's an interesting way to play...

How so?

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so?

Just looks like your jaw is too far down. Eh...I'm a low brass girl so maybe I don't understand your ways of getting that high-pitch for a solo lol

WOW!!! Evoking a Hans Christian Andersen tale there. But you'd slap me if I said which one.

/ this is me, swanning off...

it's ok ~ i was called a dog in h.s. more than once, even was barked at in Western Civ. class by a couple of football players. <_<

being called a swan now, that helps. :ph34r::worthy: :worthy: knowing those idiots who barked at me had no idea who i was when they were hitting on me at our class reunion ~ THAT was priceless. ^0^

it's ok ~ i was called a dog in h.s. more than once, even was barked at in Western Civ. class by a couple of football players. <_<

being called a swan now, that helps. :ph34r::worthy: :worthy: knowing those idiots who barked at me had no idea who i was when they were hitting on me at our class reunion ~ THAT was priceless. ^0^

haha that must've been GREAT to say the least :-D congrats

BTW please don't take the above statement as me being full of myself. i actually have very low self esteem. ask just about anyone who really knows me. (see the Bored Forum for multiple references :P)

BUT i have enough self esteem to recognize i looked better than i did when i was 13. :ph34r:

I bet he's the one playing the excellent Slingerland TDR snare drum... the finest snare drum in it's day ... with the awesome

"snare drummer scowl" look on his face. That look says: "Step back everyone... I got the drum and I got the chops... look out!"

I used that look a lot back in the day... b**bs

All kidding aside... how great for you to jam with your kids band!

(Hey... I figure if Blonde can admire all contra's in all pics, I can admire all snare drums!)

It is an awesome experience and I'll miss it when she graduates in a couple of years. Fortunately their drum instructor is a former Blue Knight and gets the "drummers like to play anywhere, anytime" schtick. After half-time, up in the stands ... it's all good. The kids recently did a clinic with my former drum instructor (Marty H.). It was too cool because all we play in the stands are those "cheer" beats (or whatever you want to call them, YMMV) and when they came back they (mostly the snares) wanted to hear more old school stuff.

As for the awesome TDR, I still gots one. It still sounds awesome and you can crank it pretty high; G will remember collapsed snare shells as will most on this thread.. Not like those wimpy arsed, kevlar headed things they play on today.

BTW, drummers take note of the grip....Hurley was a stickler and I still have to remind myself to relax the left hand so that I don't injure my old self.

Edited by Bleu Raeder

Liz, I'm thinking we all look better than we did back then. I know I do! :ph34r:

I can definitely 2nd that-I looked like a HORSE in high school but I've lost almost 50 lbs in the last year and I'm PUMPED to run around on that field this year :-D Toting around that contra should help get those last few pounds eh?