Let's see you!

So if you're the same age as myself, how come you dont do DCI as well? I've found the vast pleasures of doin both DCI and DCA. I'm just curious, because many drum corps would kill for a cute blonde such as yourself, in both junior and senior land.

:worthy::ph34r: I'm not in DCI because I don't have the time. I'm a full-time student and part-time secretary and I have enough on my plate as is. As I understand it, if you march in a DCI corps, it becomes your life and you're on the road a lot which I can't do and I can't afford. I'm sure I would have a LOT of fun to say the least. And I wouldn't leave Mon Valley for anything in the world. Those guys are too much fun B) ^0^

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of warning before you do that, make sure you give your contra good cleaning and rinse well !! :P :worthy:

A good draft works best !! B)

I could take a page out of my mini-me's book and just take a shower w/ the contra to get it nice & squeaky clean b**bs

Fair answer. See ya on the DCA field! And showering with your horn is expected in junior corps. She's not as crazy as you may think. Sorry for the OT, continue with the pictures, as I know I'm loving them. I can't wait until someday I can show people what I was like when I was in shape and healthy from drum corps and then what I've become!

I could take a page out of my mini-me's book and just take a shower w/ the contra to get it nice & squeaky clean b**bs

Just make sure you use a mild soap (no bubble bath) and rinse well !!! ^OO^

You don't to be playing and then have bubbles come out of the front of your horn !! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Yeah, I remember having to shower with my horn in junior corps, especially on tour. And, yes, I had to clean a contra. It took a while, but it got clean. One good thing about cleaning a contra on tour was not having to worry about running out of hot water, since we didn't have any hot water to begin with.

BleuRaedersContraLine1980.jpg

A prank I played at a drill camp with the Bleu Raeders was right before we had to go to sleep, remove the rotor assembly from my contra, sneak it to my sleeping bag, put a bari sax mouthpiece on the top tube of the rotor assembly, and play when the lights went out. It made the sound of a foghorn. Don't worry. I never played that on the field.

BTW, I'm top left and those contras are the world famous Olds Ultratone v/r contras.

Yeah, I remember having to shower with my horn in junior corps, especially on tour. And, yes, I had to clean a contra. It took a while, but it got clean. One good thing about cleaning a contra on tour was not having to worry about running out of hot water, since we didn't have any hot water to begin with.

BTW, I'm top left and those contras are the world famous Olds Ultratone v/r contras.

I loved playing those things man, they were great !! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Some of the same ol', but here ya go.

1972 West Allis...1973 Parade to somewhere

SCV72WestAllisMe.jpg

73flaglineme.jpg

2004 Rose Parade...Rose Parade Banquet

TOR04.jpg

TOR04Banquet.jpg

I loved playing those things man, they were great !! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

I'll second that.

A prank I played at a drill camp with the Bleu Raeders was right before we had to go to sleep, remove the rotor assembly from my contra, sneak it to my sleeping bag, put a bari sax mouthpiece on the top tube of the rotor assembly, and play when the lights went out. It made the sound of a foghorn. Don't worry. I never played that on the field.

Where was that pic taken? It looks like Europe???

I've seen that pic before, it's New Orleans... oops, Nah 'Lins...

Don't think I can post pics like the rest of you as I don't have a home webpage. Here's a Flick link to the four older Baris I currently own. Only problem is you also have to look at my ugly mug as well. :huh:http://www.flickr.com/photos/14488996@N00/

(Just added first three pics) First Flickr shot is me last year with the Lancers marching with my 3 valver. Second I'm posing with my Olds P/R Duratone (frosted finish) Bari. The Olds Baris were great horns as well and a joy to play. Has to be one of the worlds' worst staged shots of me playing this horn. It was taken in the backyard and there is a freakin' swing set behind me. Pic was taken a few days before I left corps to join the "working world".

And BlondeContra your reasons for doing All Age are an echo of what I heard (and said) 30 years ago. No slam intended to Junior corps, each person has to do what's best for them, be it Junior, All Age or (yes) Alumni. Ain't having a choice great. :)

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari