April Gilligan At SCV!

Was just taking another glance at the SCV Instructional Staff part of their website to see who was on brass staff this year, and I noticed a few additions to their guard staff; April Gilligan being among them. WOW!! I'm not a guard person, but she's from the Cadets, right? Is she on staff for both (she was listed on both websites), or is she just helping out at SCV during part of pre-tour? Any news on that front?

Exciting stuff!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff for SCV if both Dave Meikle and April are there. I saw their pre-season video and they are looking pretty good. They were haulin and spinning their butts off in that video, can't wait to see it on the field.

And the legendary Jonathan Schwartz (sp?) from the original cast of blAst! is still over at The Cadets, which is fantastic.....his equipment work (if he writes it still) is top notch (he did write work for the 98 championship guard which was genius)

Edited by Musical_Spinner

lots of Cadets staff on SCV's 2006 World Class winter guard program...

Edited by Cop

Good stuff for SCV if both Dave Meikle and April are there. I saw their pre-season video and they are looking pretty good. They were haulin and spinning their butts off in that video, can't wait to see it on the field.

And the legendary Jonathan Schwartz (sp?) from the original cast of blAst! is still over at The Cadets, which is fantastic.....his equipment work (if he writes it still) is top notch (he did write work for the 98 championship guard which was genius)

1998 championship guard? Do you mean WGI? BD won guard in 1998 (DCI). Cadets were second. Lots of ticks (in a great show).

Incidentally, did Cadets have any guard drops in Finals (last Aug)? I don't remember, and I obviously don't have the DVD yet.

YAY! Look for multiple guard drops on Finals night from SCV! ^0^ b**bs ^0^ b**bs

well, could be worse, you could be on the field trying to do the work.

YAY! Look for multiple guard drops on Finals night from SCV! ^0^ b**bs ^0^ b**bs

Hmmm...wasn't SCV's guard last year one of the main reasons it passed Boston by a few tenths? I clearly remember them being EXTREMELY clean. Though their book wasn't as showy as the Cadets, I thought they had the best technique and the cleanest throws on finals.

I guess my memory is faulty....

Edited by just_another_fanatic

Wow, I am shocked! :o I didn't think she would ever leave Cadets. Although she did take a short break only to be called back at the helm. Let's see if she can perform her magic on SCV.