April Gilligan At SCV!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT. When it comes to awarding high guard, it factors a lot. And I can tell you three guard judges who disagree with you when they read your post.

~G~

To explain my previous post further...

Similar to the entire drum corps, the auxiliary is judged on what they are doing, and how well they are doing in.

Here's a scenario:

Guard A has a less complex equipment book with very little form and body behind the equipment but they do manage to catch what goes up in the air.

Guard B has very strong and complex design making use of the triad (form, body and equipment) consistently throughout and has a few drops.

Guard B wins.

To explain my previous post further...

Similar to the entire drum corps, the auxiliary is judged on what they are doing, and how well they are doing in.

Here's a scenario:

Guard A has a less complex equipment book with very little form and body behind the equipment but they do manage to catch what goes up in the air.

Guard B has very strong and complex design making use of the triad (form, body and equipment) consistently throughout and has a few drops.

Guard B wins.

Wrong, and we have seen the opposite happen as well. Drops on finals night will not get you high guard, no matter what your content, delivery, execution, or exposure is. Its not opinion, or debateable, its fact.

~G~

but so are BD's-- a team w/ much less droppage over the years (1993 made up for their entire history. eesh!).

Didn't they have rain during their performance in 93? That will explain a lot of the droppage problems right there. Water in the eyes + water on the equipment = more drops----it's simple math.

Wrong, and we have seen the opposite happen as well. Drops on finals night will not get you high guard, no matter what your content, delivery, execution, or exposure is. Its not opinion, or debateable, its fact.

~G~

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one.

~G~

Check out this clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...4&q=cadets+2005

About one minute into the video clip when the camera is focused on the auxiliary. 2nd row, performer on the left drops weapon after a unison toss....and the Cadets still won the guard caption .30.

~G~

haha check out the cavaliers "perfect 20" from 2002 i think that kind of puts a monkey wrench in your logic

I should have been more specific: unless someone can make this more true, only two of April's Cadet guards managed to hold onto all equipment and/or bodies on finals night:

did it ever occur to you (and others who've posted in this thread) that maybe the people responsible for drops are the people holding the equipment on the field, not a person in the stands or on the track? :huh:

just something to chew on....

and instructors working with a few different corps, acting as clinicians or guest instructors isn't that uncommon. it'll make for a busy summer for her, though, if she hops around the country or swaps staff buses at shows.