Who'll make finals?

Every year someone makes finals that didn't the year before.  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be this year?

• Colts
    • Crossman
    • Capital Regiment
    • Southwind

I went with Colts here. I have a friend who's a sop in the corps and I talked to him yesterday. He said they are already exceeding the expectations of the staff, so hopefully they'll get over the hump this year. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this poll should have included Spirit of JSU, Glassmen and maybe even the Mandarins and Blue Knights....none of these are guaranteed to be in and none should be considered to not be in the race.

While that last line is true, it's also true that you can only vote one corps at a time. It makes more sense, then, to vote for the corps you think most likely to make finals, that didn't make it last year.

I'm not voting on one because I'm in a pickle between Crossmen and Capital Regiment. Crossmen have been there before so they know what it takes to make it to the top, but Capital Regiment has one monster percussion staff, and, from what I've heard, will definitly be in the mix of things this season.

Good luck to all of them though!

I hate that!

Hopkins does not do anything for the Crossmen except for take credit for the Director's work (or fall back and not say anything if don't make finals) and help with design (much at the start/little at the end.

Scott's a great guy, and one #### of a musician. Make no mistake, he knows music and he wants to win. He is a very good, strong choice for director. From what I hear/see, he's doing one #### of a job and is rarely mentioned. Hopkins might help out from time to time, but he is in no way the corps director.

Ok, end of rant...

(not really directed at you)

Hopkins was a former crossmen snare player. Because of Hopkins the Crossmen are still active. I think his input into that organization can only help. Hopkins has a proven record of success. I think YEA made a great choice in directors for the Crossmen. I hope they make finals. I also hope Capital Regiment make finals. Wayne Dillon is a great guy and my favorite drum corps soloist. ( Seneca Optimist 76)

Seems to me a few corps were left off the list. Of the ones listed, I'd have to go with Crossmen. I think they know best what it takes to be in the top 12 and are hungry to get back into the club. Of course, my real vote would be for a particular corps that wasn't listed. :)

Most likely of these would be Crossmen. I would really love to see Southwind make it, since they are probably the best corps to never make finals-13th in 2000. I would also really like to see Mandarins, Pacific Crest and Esperanza pull into finals here really soon. Here's hoping for a 6 way tie for 12th place during semis :worthy: :P B)

the top 12 scoring corps at semis :P