Cadets - observations

I seem to remember a story about you and a power saw, no? So I guess you can spot 'em.

So you might also remember that I hire professional scenic artists and set designers for a living (along with sound designers, composers, lighting designers, etc, etc etc...). B)

If you're gonna put big set pieces on the field, make them look as good as everything else on the field. Last year, their corps looked great - the big prop looked not so great.

Edited by mobrien

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the double front uniforms (uni front also worn on the back) get dropped part way thru the season? Sorry but I saw the word shoddy and that's what came to my mind.

Thought of this for two reasons:

1) "Shoddy" is a Civil War term that originally was applied to chepo clothes

2) The front of the Cadets cadet top is so sharp looking the "cloth glued on cloth" (my term) backs looked crappy by comparision.

Maybe the effect was supposed to be surreal but it just looked wierdly bad....

I have their finals show on DVD...it came with the Giant's Stadium Champs DVD of the band I arrange for (along with Xmen semis)...and they used the double unis all the way through....I thought it worked well. They took the North Penn double-sided concept one step further with the overlay on the back...attached with velcro BTW so they could ditch them after the year ended.

So how about a Faustian deal. They go undefeated and score 99.9 at finals, whereupon George, having done it all, retires to manage a Wal-Mart in Bark, Ark. After a nationwide talent search, new YEA Executive Director Scott Stewart announces that the 2007 Cadets will "pursue other paths to excellence".

:spit:

I have their finals show on DVD...it came with the Giant's Stadium Champs DVD of the band I arrange for (along with Xmen semis)...and they used the double unis all the way through....I thought it worked well. They took the North Penn double-sided concept one step further with the overlay on the back...attached with velcro BTW so they could ditch them after the year ended.

Maybe it took a few viewings of the show to get used to. :P Seeing it without warning in the first half of June was kind of a shock. Feeling some people had was "Why do GH change the Cadets unis?. Because he CAN!". ^0^

Also at the time no one quite had an idea what the <bleep> "Doors of Perception" meant. I was hoping Cadets were going to do Jim Morrison and company since Crossmen were already doing "Radar Love" and "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" (aka - music I can understand :worthy: )

well if they are going back to the Zone...doesn't it make since to go back to the double sided uni's??? I thought they worked great with the show last year.

Edited by jayboe172

I think I read last year that they wore the regular pants for parade even then.

No, they wore the double sided pants for parades last year and, so far, this year. I saw them both years at the Bunker Hill parade with double sided pants but with just the single sided maroon jackets (no overlay on the back).