Fracks worse than (or just as bad as) Blue Devils 1989

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pagliacci sop soloist in Phantom's 91 show had a rough time with his solo. He finished it off pretty well, so it was all good to me B)

Yea...I've always sort of (jokingly) likened that one to the "pasing of the frack baton" after '89. That guy had a rough start, and it just got worse...but to me, the corps was cooking so I didn't really care.

I loved that show. 1991 Phantom is #3 on my "All-Time Favorite Phantom Shows" list.

Yea...I've always sort of (jokingly) likened that one to the "pasing of the frack baton" after '89. That guy had a rough start, and it just got worse...but to me, the corps was cooking so I didn't really care.

I loved that show. 1991 Phantom is #3 on my "All-Time Favorite Phantom Shows" list.

Yeah...what is up with the middle two notes of that descending four-note motif in his solo (the last time he plays it)? I'm not a brass player so I don't know, but it's like a really weird sound, almost like something is stuck in the instrument.

Amazing show, by the way. Favorite Phantom show by far, with '89 a close second, then '03, then '96, then '93.

Edited by Hrothgar15

That guy had a rough start, and it just got worse...but to me, the corps was cooking so I didn't really care.

He actually hit it dead-on or pretty close about, what, more than half the time that summer? It sounded better at semis (that's the show that's on the original CD set).

FWIW, He was/is a great player. Just nerves. Playing a solo at DCI can be more than a little unnerving (Div I or otherwise).

Here he is now, and he's doing well!

Edited by festive

Man, if that soloist would get a nickel for everytime someone posts about his frack, he would be a multi-millionaire easily. Maybe we should have a forum dedicated just to him, because you all can't let that go, after how many years? 17?

if you want to see a bad frack, check out ECJ 05 prelims video in the opener. Man, I sucked it up big time in that show. compare that to finals, and you'll see why I say this. it makes me laugh every time I listen to or watch it.