The transference is complete

Just because you and a relatively few others do not like amps doesn't mean DCI should split into two organizations. Why would it? Shows are great...audiences are large...DCI is on an upswing, IMO.

is attendance up? we saw no crowing by DCI last year about numbers, even with their annual spin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Major league of marching arts"?

Dunno about you, but that sounds like a COMPLIMENT.

Have a friend that doesn't know anything about drum corps take a look at the Cadets pix posted on the other thread. Then just ask them who is the star of the show.

I was unaware that people could make such judgements about an entire show by seeing a few pictures. Hopefully there will be more pictures of corps this season, then I won't have to bother going to a show because I'll be able to determine what the shows are like from pictures. :worthy:

I don't really need DCI to market itself to me.

I'm a FMM, long term and current fan.

What does DCI need to do to attract NEW people?

I haven't a clue...

But a guess would be that more corps=more marching members=more parents and volunteers involved=more fans.

As for the marketing campaign itself, I am the LEAST creative person I know. What I do know is when something catches my eye.

This new campaign does not, nor is it original in anyway.

In my best Andy Rooney whine...

"Just once I would like to see something original."

As I stated quite clearly at On The 50, no matter what DCI calls itself or however they market themselves will ever change the fact that they will provide the world-wide premiere marching experience. Woodwinds or no. Voice or no. DCI will always be technically better than BOA, solely via rehearsal time and the age of the participants.

In other words, it's still just marching band. And that's not a bad thing.