quick question... not meant to stir the pot.

PS- I still think you should give The Cadets a shot. but if you dont, that's your choice. just saying.

~>conner

Review coming the Benson, NC show Sunday night from a confirmed anti-amplification fan. :P

I'll give it a shot, just like last year.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bottom line, Connor is JUST DO IT!

Don't worry what ANYONE thinks but YOU - practice, tryout, work hard, do a season and after that season is under your belt, you'll know whether to continue the activity or not, and like lots of folks here said before - it's not the critic who counts!

Conner, in case you haven't learned this by now, DCP isn't exactly the greatest place to find intelligent discussion about drum corps.

Intelligence has far fewer practical applications than you'd think.

($1 to Dilbert)

You can please all people sometimes

You can please some people all the time

But no way in #### will you be able to please all people all the time.

That's drum corps for you... as well as most other aspects of life. And as a member of the American society, it is only natural that one expresses any agreeable or disagreeable aspects of any and all changes that take place. But it's your choice on how you take it in.

Conner, in case you haven't learned this by now, DCP isn't exactly the greatest place to find intelligent discussion about drum corps.

Guess we might as well shut the site down, then.

Oh well...it was fun while it lasted. :P

lol...Jeff, I think I might as well go ahead and shoot myself and get it over with :P

ok send pix :P

thank God you came over from RAMD to save us then

uhhh... it has been all I can do to force myself to stay out of this thread and not bore you all to death with my theories and BS about

when I marched and why I don't like some of the stuff now and why I LOVE some of the stuff now yadda yadda yadda...

a few here have done a great job explaining far better than I could without me adding my well known smart alecky remarks, because I

don't care what anyone thinks of me. I get to participate here, and that's the way it is.

But this post is just dumb. Oh please not a bando guy... do tell us all... enlighten us with your superior knowledge... just where might

we find intelligent conversation about drum corps?? I mean, where is that super-secretive utopian place where all of you "enlightened"

know-it-alls go to have intelligent, meaningful conversations about corps...where no one expresses opinions...and all the OLD people

do not participate??? Please tell us of that super-secretive site, where you gotta have the secret "I'm a doof" handshake to get in and

everyone in there agree's on everything because it's all so intelligent...

:worthy:

yeah...sarcasm intended. But intentionally put...

Flamethrowers off.

This may have already been answered in many different ways, shapes, and forms. If so, please ignore.

I marched Madison in 2003, and the beginning of that year (especially in Madison) was marked by many changes surrounding the corps. Scott Stewart, director of 30+ years was gone. Madison was just coming off their first non-Finals year, with Finals week being held in Madison, no less. New uniforms replaced a VERY iconic uniform of the late 80's and 90's. Myself having only been around drum corps for little over a year, my historical knowledge was quite limited.

However, no matter the controversy surrounding the corps whether it be regarding new directorship, new uniforms, young hornline, etc., it didn't matter. Everytime I put on that uniform, I felt invincible. Sure it wasn't the same "Superman" that Scouts of the past had worn. But no matter what corps you're a part of, the first time you put that jacket on, you instantly become a part of that family and tradition. And there's no one who can take that away from you.

And trust me, if you buy into the corps that you're marching, and you give your 217% every day, and leave everything out on the field every night, it doesn't matter what anyone says. You will be a part of that family, instantly loved and supported by the corps family.

Good luck to you in your search for a corps to call home (do lots of research), and make the best of your experiences in the activity. You give it everything you have, and I personally don't see how you can have a bad experience.

My $.02