madisons new show

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ok...I feel a bit better now. I'm more than happy to apologize to anyone if I happened to rub them the wrong way, but I'll never apologize for being passionate. Am I an emotional person? you can bet your big round booty I am...! And personally, I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

ok...group hug... :P

I'm sensing some confusion here about the Scouts show. It's suppose to depict a day in the life of an ancient tribal warrior. Things like the Aztecs and stuff. The opener is full of fast-paced high intensity music depict the hunt of food or something or maybe a battle with another tribe. The ballad is a time of reflection. Maybe going back to his family (which by the way I think is the best ballad I've heard for them in years) In between the ballad and the closer the corps is running their butts off!! In the closer imagine a huge bon fire with all the tribe dancing around it. It's a celebration or ritual or some sort. They have more notes in the closer than some corps have in their entire show and to my knowledge no other corps have attempted to have the entire horn line (even contras) triple tonguing a unison line at 168 beats per minute. I'm not saying that no one is giving them the credit that they deserve. But then again Mr. Roseander (sp?) is having them do some really hard stuff. I can't wait to see what the show looks like for finals.

Edited by MajorScoutsFan

<santa>

I'm sensing some confusion here about the Scouts show. It's suppose to depict a day in the life of an ancient tribal warrior. Things like the Aztecs and stuff. The opener is full of fast-paced high intensity music depict the hunt of food or something or maybe a battle with another tribe. The ballad is a time of reflection. Maybe going back to his family (which by the way I think is the best ballad I've heard for them in years) In between the ballad and the closer the corps is running their butts off!! In the closer imagine a huge bon fire with all the tribe dancing around it. It's a celebration or ritual or some sort. They have more notes in the closer than some corps have in their entire show and to my knowledge no other corps have attempted to have the entire horn line (even contras) triple tonguing a unison line at 168 beats per minute. I'm not saying that no one is giving them the credit that they deserve. But then again Mr. Roseander (sp?) is having them do some really hard stuff. I can't wait to see what the show looks like for finals.

Tribal warriors,,,,hunt of food,,,,???? Madison doing these things just isnt right. It started as a Boy Scout troop , and they should just play things like , Patriotic marches,,, Sing along canteen music, or other boy scout music. Now the bon fire ,,,how nice.....they should sing around it and play spooky songs, and stuff for their show. This I can see. With that choice of music ,,they will be lucky to finish in the top 17. I have to get back to squishing bugs on my puter screen now,,, and then retire for the night in my cave. :grrr:

M-A-D-I-S-O-N :sumo::rock::rock:

Past success is not an indicator of future results. Other corps have gotten significantly better, but Madison does not and never will "deserve" any particular placing. They've got to earn it, and I see plenty of other corps that are hungrier.

I agree with you whole heartedly Pin Wiz. I love Madison. But they are what they are. Just like everyone else, you got to earn it. You have to want it so bad, I have not seen that from them.

<santa>

Tribal warriors,,,,hunt of food,,,,???? Madison doing these things just isnt right. It started as a Boy Scout troop , and they should just play things like , Patriotic marches,,, Sing along canteen music, or other boy scout music. Now the bon fire ,,,how nice.....they should sing around it and play spooky songs, and stuff for their show. This I can see. With that choice of music ,,they will be lucky to finish in the top 17. I have to get back to squishing bugs on my puter screen now,,, and then retire for the night in my cave. :grrr:

M-A-D-I-S-O-N :sumo::rock::rock:

OK... that's funny stuff right there... :lolhit: ^OO^

why would this be the LAST year you expect a good show from them?? I mean, up until the last 5 years, the Scouts were perennial top 6 contenders, not to mention 2 time world champs...! To my knowledge, that's not something a LOT of corps can boast. Are they where they want to be yet? of course not...but as you can plainly see, they made a plan and are in the process of working their plan. They went from sitting 14th in 2002, to finishing 6th in 2005...now that's quite a leap...for ANY corps at ANY time...! I'd hardly resign myself to this being the last year you can expect anything of quality of out the Men of Madison...
excuse me? what kind of bull**** comment is that?? point out to me where exactly I said Madison "deserved" anything? I don't know why I even bothered dignifying this comment with a response since you bias shows. You read WAAAAAY more into that than was there. And speaking of getting significantly better, I would definately say that 14th to 6th in 3 years is exactly that...and right back where they used to be...

asanine comment dude and shows your total lack of objectivity...ridiculous...

and when was anything other than that implied? They've haven't finished where they have for the past 30 or so years because they just "deserved" to. But since (during the last 30 years) they finished in the top 6 more times than not, wouldn't it be fair to assume that they'd continue to make a run at it? How many corps in the past 10 years fell out of finals and failed to even make it back?? And how many corps fell out and were back in the following year?? And how many corps in that time went from out of finals to 6th in 3 seasons?? exactly...

I think anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that they have to earn their spot...

ok. i read only two pages of this. i am a big Scouts fan and expect big things this year. all i can say is BigBadMadManis my hero :rock:

66.4 out of the gate. Not quite awesome ... yet. :)

Mike in OH

but the only ones to jump 3 points on there next competition.

"Past success is not an indicator of future results. Other corps have gotten significantly better, but Madison does not and never will "deserve" any particular placing. They've got to earn it, and I see plenty of other corps that are hungrier."

WHY ON EARTH is everyone getting upset about that guys post? The same comment could be made for every other freakin corps out there...

tell me my bluecoats dont "deserve" a particular placing and that they'll have to earn it... and i'll say "yeah! you're 100% right... i'm looking forward to it"

no corps deserves points on the paper for past success-- we arnt talking about RESPECT, or TRADITION, or other things that a corps DOES deserve from past success- we are talking about PLACEMENT... points people! who on here actually DOES think that past performance should show up on the judges sheet?? i for one am very glad it doesnt... seriously... whats the problem here?

WHY ON EARTH is everyone getting upset about that guys post? The same comment could be made for every other freakin corps out there...

tell me my bluecoats dont "deserve" a particular placing and that they'll have to earn it... and i'll say "yeah! you're 100% right... i'm looking forward to it"

But he didn't make the comment about every corps out there (although, you're right, the comment could have been applied to every other corps). And also the part about other corps being hungrier. What does he base that on?