hey krista....looking for this one? :lolhit:

1.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get plenty of sun.

ok pinwiz...you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you make other comments about how other corps are "getting better", don't be upset when I point out that the Scouts are the only corps to jump 8 spots in 3 seasons...which would lead one to rationally deduce that they are the "most improved" corps in that time span. I fail to see how that makes them any less "hungry" than any other corps... Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but when your "opinion" is refuted by fact, then it just appears foolish. I'm not saying the Scouts are the "be all to end all", but they certainly aren't the slackers you've decided that they are.

And if I were going to "rape" you, it wouldn't be over the coals...lol

I'm still digging the "Rape me over the coals!"

b**bs

Talk about LOL, made my morning!

<deleted. -KM>

what exactly is it about his post that is making you all so mad? He's only posting the truth.

chill you guys... first show of the season, and you all are already at eachothers throats.

~>conner

hey krista....looking for this one? :lolhit:

1.gif

thanks Emma. Seems like I still need it.

Let us all remeber the DCP community guidelines while posting. Please?

yes, thanks. :)

Well, I came here hoping for some sort of info about Madison's show this year, but instead found a bunch of ppl arguing.

<**>

really? did you read the very first comment on this thread?

BigBadMadMan, chill. Don't talk about bias when your name, avatar, and posting screams Madison Scouts.

And speaking of reading too far into things, the post that started so much hate was entirely true.

I'm sure he could have phrased his argument more articulately but the point certainly comes across.

1) The past successes and failures of the Madison Scouts will have no direct impact on their future successes and failures. To say they will have no impact at all is absurd, but for all intents and purposes there is no direct result. The only real impact is intangible and is the force of tradition, morale, and mindset that the members take from past years.

2) The Madison Scouts were never handed anything. No matter how good they managed to be, they placed where they did because they worked for it, not because they were simply "so good" that the judges defaulted them to a placement. That's what he was saying.

I think that comment was construed to mean "Madison is so bad that they don't deserve what they have achieved in the past." I don't think that was the intended message, rather, that they don't just use their name to do well.

3) There is a possibility that the Madison Scouts are being surpassed not because of their own faults, but because of the merits of other corps. With the level of excellence rising, a corps must run as fast as they can (metaphorically and possibly literally) to stay exactly where they are. Perhaps Madison is not getting any worse. Perhaps they are even becoming better. But they might not be getting better fast enough. If that makes any sense.

Edited by PhantomFanT10