Lisle, IL placements

Just got back from the show. Some quick impressions of how last year's finalists did...

Glassmen: Who would have thought that you could make a Beethoven show entertaining? These guys sure do... This show was a lot of fun and will probably be a crowd favorite. A good "twist" on the music that we're all familiar with

Bluecoats: Their show was probably the most "put together" of all of the corps performing at Lisle. Hence, the higher scores. They have a good program, but I like what they did last year better. Some good GE moments, but the hands-across-america thing was kinda corny. Sorry.

PR: I'm looking forward to seeing this show evolve. The characterization here is still lacking and not all of the guard book is on the field, though. Musically, they have by far the most demanding book. Percussionists are freaks. I think they'll overtake Blooo and may pull closer to Cavies, but there's some cleaning to do.

Cavaliers: Ok... I'll rephrase what everyone else has been saying... Great show? Yes. Well performed? Yes. How about this, though? Vulnerable? Absolutely. It's June. I know. There's a lot of time left to add stuff in, but once you get past the gimmics (and they're fun... the elastic part is pretty good. You'll get it when you see it) I think that once the other groups clean up their shows, plenty of teams can give the Green Machine a run for their money

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bored50345 @ Jun 18 2006, 11:19 PM)

They can't punish you in a execution caption for not having the show complete. It's how well you perform what you have. The GE judge will knock you down for that.

So I could go out there and have one flag toss by the entire line and not have my score effected?

Edited by myopinion

Way to go Blue

Question? What does this mean for Madison at this point? They haven't broke 70 yet and they have been the headliner of the shows they have competed in.

Headliner in local shows...hmmm

Well, then again, this was home for Phantom and Cavaliers tonight.

I always like it when BD and SCV come out to the midwest.

Elmo Blatch

So I could go out there and have one flag toss by the entire line and not have my score effected?

That has to be one

Seriously.....bad ### toss

To win the whole thing that is

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Question: How are Bluecoats winning Guard captions when as of Saturday they did not have the two closing movements completed on the field? Just wondering how this is possible? Don't get me wrong I am EXTREMELY happy that they are taking out some of the "big dogs" of guard...just wondering!?!?!

This happend last year with Cadets guard scores. They had, at most, half the guard work on the field but were still scoring in the high 15's in guard.

Many of of joked that based on that, they would break into the elusive "Box 6" by finals.

Bluecoats and Cavies had the most guard work tonight (Blue with a little more). Regiment still has more to put in.

Regiment was fighting Madison last year at this time too and even up until they went to the west coast. I would say that Regiment has a show that has a lot more depth to it than Blue or Cavies.

Blue is quite clean for this point in the season. And it makes me wonder if they will peak early.

The same goes with the Cavies. In fact, I had a hard time finding a melodic phrase in this show. Great visual...cheesy at times, but quite entertaining. It doesn't seem like they can make this show evolve like Bond or Frameworks.

And Regiment will have a hard time handling the beast of a show that they are putting on the field. Haven't seen them move this much in a while and I catch myself wondering if they can clean it all.

Enough of Debbie downer....They were all entertaining and they will all be great by August

Well, I won't lie. These scores make me want to say a string of things that would only appear as #####.

But honestly, I know this is temporary. Typically, PR starts slow. They usually have one of the hardest brass books, and with Jamie they now have ridiculous drill as well. The staff knows how to clean, so things will be changing.

blue over phantom in brass? i havnt seen anyone else mention that...? i think thats something blue should be reasonably proud of... but maybe thats just me? :)

i love the logic that because bluecoats have clean parts of their show that they will peak early, yet people never seem to make that same claim for cavies or cadets-- they are pretty darn clean from the get-go- but the reason they dont peak early is that the show is still really visually tough- the bad news for PR fans is that- the bluecoats visual program isnt relatively clean because its easy- in fact i've read reviews that said bluecoats were no cleaner than phantom-- its just so easy for everyone to justify- despite the reports that blue is ready to make the push for the top 4- i can tell you that the visual book is the most challenging to date for blue according to those who know, and that just from the numbers over the last 4 years of blue's rise- peaking early is something the bluecoats have never struggled with- if you dont believe it- look at the last 4 years of finals week-- guess who improved the most from the start of the week to finals 3 out of 4 of those years- i'll give you a hint- it starts with bloooooooooooooo!

i know that this COULD mean nothing in the big picture- but i think it would be wrong to say that it has no effect on the season.... consider what this has done to the bluecoats memebers actually marching right now-- they know what they can do, they are now more confident, and will push it even that much more now... its just like hoppy said of his cadets the 2005 season- once they started winning, they started pushing that much harder and one thing lead to another and the confidence FED the corps' belief that they could win and that belief showed up on the field as confidence and all of a sudden- the numbers jumped up!

now i know i've said a lot- and when you say a lot about something people feel differently about (being either happy or upset that blue took it tonight) you leave yourself open to just that many more flames... but please just notice- i'm not dogging on phantom- i freakin love phantom- my blog right now has 4 phantom brass clips that i made all my friends watch because they are just amazing... i know phantom is going to rock the house this season- i'm just glad that the bluecoats are going to be able to bring that same level of power and performance to the game this summer-- night!

:)