Question about Amps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there something about Cavaliers possibly having some amped voice in their show as well?

I haven't heard this, but if they do I'm going to have to kill them

:rock:

I dunno, I'm probably way off, I just have this feeling like I heard somebody talking about Cavaliers member with a headset... If I'm wrong, you're welcome to flog me unmercifully. :P

No I'll be too busy sighing in relief

But we should start gearing up for the "amps suck/no they don't" arguments..it's just a matter of time

Edited by JMS0527

:rock:

I dunno, I'm probably way off, I just have this feeling like I heard somebody talking about Cavaliers member with a headset...

I believe that was regarding a member of the guard. In a couple of the pics they released of the uniforms, a member was seen wearing headgear that included what looked like a microphone type thing... but it was confirmed that it was only for show, thank goodness! :D

You beat me to it. I wanted to cry when I heard about it.

So Cadets and (sigh) Crossmen - anyone else breaking my heart out there or is that it?

it will get worse until it gets better. someone won with it, so it will grow, especially if it happens again.

i'll paraphrase an old Cadets shirt" first we narrated, then everyone narrated"

So Cadets and (sigh) Crossmen - anyone else breaking my heart out there or is that it?

Here...let me fix that for you....

So Cadets and (sigh) Crossmen - anyone else breaking my heart making me very happy out there or is that it?

:P

You beat me to it. I wanted to cry when I heard about it.

Maybe you should wait until you actually hear it before you cry. It was very well received by the crowd at Gettysburg. The radio segment is entertaining, funny and powerful. The speaking parts were well done, though covered up by applause for the previous tune much of the time. The Spanish language intro to Carribe starts as the corps is playing, building with volume as the emotion in the voice grows. It is a powerful moment in the show and one of my favorites.

I should mention that one of those with a speaking part is my son. He's the one who starts the radio segment. I know the other kids pretty well, given the amount of time I've spent feeding this drum corps. They understand this will be controversial with some. But based on what I saw at Gettysburg, most in the crowd will love it - not because of the speaking but because the whole segment is well designed and very enjoyable.

Like it or don't like it, but do so based on hearing it - not hearing about it.