Vanguard, the BD stripe and Mandarins become everyone.

You can read review after review from Hayward and Modesto on here, but I just wanted to add that it is really cool to see Vanguard back in the mix so quickly. They were very comparable to Blue Devils in every caption, and it should be a very interesting summer to see where things end up in DCI. Congratulations to their staff and members alike.

Also, the close-up pictures of the BD stripe on their uniform looked a little odd, but after seeing them in person from the stands, they look great. Ditto for the brilliant fish and horse flags (more picture flags wanted!)

BTW, Mandarins' old uniforms were Genius and extremely unique. Now ... not so much. The corps is good, but I liked it better when it looked like no one else. :worthy:

West is Best. ^0^

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the close-up pictures of the BD stripe on their uniform looked a little odd, but after seeing them in person from the stands, they look great. Ditto for the brilliant fish and horse flags (more picture flags wanted!)

Well, this shot was the clearest I got of the horse flags (from Hayward).

170304883_0969f0da44.jpg

Edited by Wildabeast

...and just to make things a little more flammable (also from Hayward)...

170304878_1c02de8dcd.jpg

I love that picture. That's one of my favorite parts of the show, as the cross morphs into the dagger and pierces the heart... good stuff!

I love that picture. That's one of my favorite parts of the show, as the cross morphs into the dagger and pierces the heart, good stuff!

That is going to give me chills when i see that cross turn into a dagger and pierce the heart... it gave me chills just thinking about it.

You can read review after review from Hayward and Modesto on here, but I just wanted to add that it is really cool to see Vanguard back in the mix so quickly. They were very comparable to Blue Devils in every caption, and it should be a very interesting summer to see where things end up in DCI. Congratulations to their staff and members alike.

I don't want to be Debbie downer, but SCV did start the season last year with a 71.05 and looked like they were going to be top 5 for about a week. Now, with that being said, I trust the corps has adjusted to the new staff members and I trust (and hope) that they will be much improved over last year and be a contender for top 5.

Also, while I'm raining on a corps' parade, BD started last year at 76.15, at the time well over a point ahead of the next highest corps. However, travelling to Europe probably dampened the corps improvement rate (actually it did, the lowest increase/day out of any of the top 8 corps with the exception of Vanguard). I think this corps will be in the top three come quarter finals and VERY tough to bump out of that tier.

...and just to make things a little more flammable (also from Hayward)...

170304878_1c02de8dcd.jpg

I just noticed it was a dagger and heart. I thought it was a boat anchor, but I was kind of distracted by the yellow extension chord in the front of the picture. :worthy:

what happened to the individual amp/speaker setup BD had the last two years on their keyboards?