Vanguard, the BD stripe and Mandarins become everyone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't pink the last couple of years. They've been a crazy purplish uniform since at least 99.

yeah... I was refereing to the pink unifroms they used in the 90's.

~>conner

Personally, from a distance they look like the Americanos (2003-2004 with the shako)

yeah... I was refereing to the pink unifroms they used in the 90's.

~>conner

Didn't a certain Star use pink in their unis back in the day? Pink wasn't so bad then, was it? :P I think the Mandarins have always been a classy corps, and I love their normal rep. I hope they have improved their percussion this past year. Last year was a seriously adorable and fun show. It wasn't the cleanest out there, but it was one of my favorites of 2005.

I will agree that no one looked like the Mandarins. You could always tell them from everyone else. However, those unis made everyone look short and fat IMHO they were ugly. Ugly and unique is still ugly. Personally I like the color scheme a lot on these and they look great on the field. They are much more simple, but that's not always bad.

But Mars (the planet) does not have two portapotties and a rickety yet comforting grand stand.........................

laugh.gif

Ahhh... Mars...

Picture080.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Edited by frontline99

They weren't pink the last couple of years. They've been a crazy purplish uniform since at least 99.

39.jpg

what happened to the individual amp/speaker setup BD had the last two years on their keyboards?

sabotage ^0^

sorry double post...

Edited by dciguy01

what happened to the individual amp/speaker setup BD had the last two years on their keyboards?

They got a new pit guy, and have moved to the individual mic'ing and out front mixing that is legal now.

At PP, I thought that BD had the best implementation of pit amplification I have yet to see in Marching Band or Drum Corps. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Amp haters, please avoid the temptation to derail this topic if at all possible.

Oh wait - maybe I'M off topic! B)

I like Mandarin's new uniforms, but I like the previous one better.

Edited by randomnoise

How does Santa Clara always manage to look so effing classy, regardless of uniforms, "average member age," staff, show, scores, or whatever else....am I the only one enamored with this?

:grrr: Gee, that's nice to hear. Thank you! I'm sure the A-corps members online appreciate comments like these.

Go S-C-V!!!

First place or fourteenth, I'm always proud of you!