Vanguard, the BD stripe and Mandarins become everyone.

I think the new Mandarins uni's look good. Makes them look a little more serious.

Mandarins4.jpg

I agree that it's indeed very nice to see Vanguard bounce back with such an entertaining program. Last year was ok, just lacked creative drill. This year they should finish very well. BD's show needs just a bit of improvement to become an unbeatable fan-favorite. VITO '06

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Mandarins' old uniforms were Genius and extremely unique. Now ... not so much. The corps is good, but I liked it better when it looked like no one else. :music:

West is Best. ^0^

I'll have to agree.

While the new unis are nice and still slightly different, with the old unis you definitely knew who was coming because of their uniqueness. Maybe the soon to come "add-ons" will help. Still one of my favorite corps, though. Best of luck this season.

what happened to the individual amp/speaker setup BD had the last two years on their keyboards?

I believe most corps are taking advantage of the new DCI rule that lets them move pit mixing to on off-field sound guy. I know the Dev's are doing it. There's no reason to hassle with individual speakers when you can have your sound guy mix it together.

Look at the condition of that field! :(

Ha, that field was actually quite nice to march on, compared to Mars!

Ha, that field was actually quite nice to march on, compared to Mars!

Mars (the planet) would be nicer to march on than Mars (the rehearsal field) from what I've heard.

But Mars (the planet) does not have two portapotties and a rickety yet comforting grand stand.........................

:music:

How does Santa Clara always manage to look so effing classy, regardless of uniforms, "average member age," staff, show, scores, or whatever else....am I the only one enamored with this?

How does Santa Clara always manage to look so effing classy, regardless of uniforms, "average member age," staff, show, scores, or whatever else....am I the only one enamored with this?

No--you're not. You're right. Good description.

And to the poster above about Mandarin's seriousness. I'm uhhhh... :music: ...confused I guess. I'm with Lee. The unique look from the previous few years has been given up to become a little more "like everyone else". Being like everyone else means your serious?

Hmmmm...no one told me about that back in my VK days. :)

what happened to the individual amp/speaker setup BD had the last two years on their keyboards?

Strictly guessing here:

Besides what was already mentioned about being able to use the off field sound guy, I think it has much to do with their Dynasty Sponsorship. Being at the glassmen clinic the other day I was able to see their sound system with dynasty logos on everything, speakers and soundboard included. I wasn't aware that they made sound equipment, but apparently they are. I'm sure that plays into their sound system they're using.

I think by saying Mandarins had unique uniforms, I think what you're trying to say is "They had pink uniforms, therefore they were unique."

sorry guys, pink uniforms, no matter how "unique", are just not good looking, IMO.

If having to hurt your eyes looking at a uniform is what qualifies it as being "unique" I'd rather have unoriginal uniforms.

~>conner