omaha scores

Others have said it before but I think the Bluecoats are going to be our next first-time champion..it's just a question of when

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Madison some time. From what I keep hearing,

this drill is insanely demanding and it might

take half the season to get it to a presentable level.

Does anyone remember the 87 season,

and where the Cadets started out?

I think the Madison staff's strategy is to design

a show that has tons of room to grow, versus

a show that is easier to clean, but peaks early.

I'm not giving up on them yet.

You're dead on - the drill is a monster. If they clean it, they will be amazing. If they can't, I have a feeling they will be left in the dust by several corps this summer. I hope they can clean it.

GO BLUE!!!! It's really good to be "BLUE" right now. Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and very likely Blue Knights, all coming out of the box strong.

DW

You're dead on - the drill is a monster. If they clean it, they will be amazing. If they can't, I have a feeling they will be left in the dust by several corps this summer. I hope they can clean it.

It is truly up to them. I remember reading how years ago, SCV found

themselves in a similar situation at the beginning of the 97 seaon.

I kept reading how driven they were and how incredibly hard they

worked. In the end, they were able to clean it and they came

very close to winning. If the Madison members have that same

drive...well, I don't know if they could win, but I think they could

go further with this show than they have with recent offerings.

If not, they could take a fall in placement. But either way, I

admire them for taking the risk and pushing forward.

I am not saying Bluecoats are going to beat Cavies. I am just saying it is nice to see Blues scores comparable to Cavies. And I say this as a Cavies fan. I know it is early season, and anything can and will happen by the end of the year. But it has to give them a little bit of a mental edge to know they are keeping pace(and gaining) at this point with Cavies over the last week. And beating Phantom had to give them a boost of encouragement.

Oh yeah I totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that we should all be careful not to get too excited too early.

I'm as happy as anyone for the Bluecoats, but lets keep in mind... the Scouts were within 2 points of The Cavaliers around this point last year and look how that turned out.

I agree, I don't think anyone shoudl get carried away by a June score...

... but the Bluecoats were sitting behind Scouts all year and look how that turned out during Finals week. B) If they can keep climbing all season long, like they did last year, then...

It is truly up to them. I remember reading how years ago, SCV found

themselves in a similar situation at the beginning of the 97 seaon.

I kept reading how driven they were and how incredibly hard they

worked. In the end, they were able to clean it and they came

very close to winning.

As an aside, wrt SCV 97.. there were a LOT of reasons why they came out of the box dirty as a bag of dirt that year.. not the least of which was that the corps had spots to fill (quite a few as I recall) even up until mid-July.. Middle of off-season, VK folded and TONS of those kids went up and took spots in SCV.. so their learning curve was very low at the beginning of the season.

That doesn't diminish the fact that 97 was and still is one of my favorite SCV shows ever in the history of the world.. but the circumstances for what they did in 97 were considerably different.

All that said, I really can't wait to see what the Scouts have for me this year. I'm anxious to see them soon and again at the end of the season..

Stef

went to the omaha show tonite and here is my once a year opinion.

Scouts show is extremely difficult drill wise, slightly entertaining, dont care for the music, dig the opening with the bass line starting the show. (colin gets his way). LOVE the uniforms!!! totally cool!! the guard unis are horrific and ruins the show. This could be a factor in the low guard scores??!! just my opinion. When the show gets clean they will be competitive come finals.

Bluecoats were awesome!!!! never cared for them since 90 when they beat us for the 1st time and rubbed it in our faces, This show is entertaining, fairly clean for the season so far and the d- line rocks. It was the most entertaing show of the night.

Cavies.... never liked them either(rivalry stuff i guess) This show was great , my 1st impression was the guard unis were awful but the whole robot thing was great and the guard was clean and entertaining. so that ruined my 1st impression!! The d-line is stock... always great. paid attention to the d-line only during the encore and without a doubt they are great.

A excellent show and should compete for 1st place in mad town.

The scoring spreads were accurate in my opinion. Cavies are leaps and bounds better than scouts and scores reflect it

That means they'll have to beat Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils on Finals night. Before we get ahead of ourselves here before it's not quite yet the last week of June 2006., shouldn't we wait until the Bluecoats actually beat just ONE of these 3 Corps before we coronate them a future DCI Champion ? it's one thing to get to the top 4 on Finals Night, but it's quite another to jump over these 3 perennial top 3 Corps and grab the title. Not saying it can't be done some year down the road, but the odds and history should tell you.... " don't hold your breath ".

Edited by X DM

I thought the show tonight was great. I was impressed with the Blue Stars. I tend to agree with some of the comments already said of Madison, like the show and I think that there is a lot of potential there. Bluecoats were fantastic, I hope that I get to catch them again this season. Cavies...love the show. I think the idea is cool and it is well executed. I hate to say this cause I know the topic has been beat to death, and I was willing to give it a chance but that fanfare of champions...blehhh. Seems to lack any sort of emotional connection with the crowd and while I tend to like trying new things, sometimes traditions stick around for a reason.