The Bluecoats are going to Win DCI this year.

To add to the 93 hype - There's some talk about Veterans Memorial Stadium being torn down. The state's three big schools haven't used it in years and Jackson State is talking about building a smaller stadium of their own. And the land it's on does have some value. This won't happen for years, but it's a possibility.

For people interested in the BlueBQ, do we have to act like adults and get hotel rooms or will there be a classroom floor available?

I would say if you are spending the night, a hotel is a good idea. I think a lot of the folks that are coming are within driving distance though. There's usually a 'volunteer' room that has ample floor space though if you want to crash with the corps.

DW

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one guy top right looks like my bud I encouraged to march in 1993, soprano Doug Litton. Can I get a confirmation on that?

No - that's Chris Scott (aka monoemono) who's been posting on this thread. I remember Doug though - I'll dig through my photos tonight to see if I can find a picture of him.

No - that's Chris Scott (aka monoemono) who's been posting on this thread. I remember Doug though - I'll dig through my photos tonight to see if I can find a picture of him.
Sorry - wasn't able to find any pictures of Doug except for in our yearbook which is kinda hard to scan.

Wait. Back up. NEW equipment truck????????? Any pics?

Also, the Bluecoats will win for the following reasons (in no particular order, except for #10 perhaps):

1. Six Words

2. Chicken Pucks

3. The Exorcism of the "Chicken Slop" menace

4. The Exorcism of the "Bobo's Peanut Butter (Product of India)" menace

5. The planting of a Canadian "Tooney" under the Center X at Finals by Antman.

6. "Night Brings Bad Dreams" (That's for you, Cordell)

7. Marklar

8. "The Great Bald Spot of Mofo" is fertile once more. And it flourishes.

9. 7-0-9

10. Because "I miss you most of all, my darling, when Autumn Leaves start to fall."

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!

That is all.

Wait. Back up. NEW equipment truck????????? Any pics?

Also, the Bluecoats will win for the following reasons (in no particular order, except for #10 perhaps):

1. Six Words

2. Chicken Pucks

3. The Exorcism of the "Chicken Slop" menace

4. The Exorcism of the "Bobo's Peanut Butter (Product of India)" menace

5. The planting of a Canadian "Tooney" under the Center X at Finals by Antman.

6. "Night Brings Bad Dreams" (That's for you, Cordell)

7. Marklar

8. "The Great Bald Spot of Mofo" is fertile once more. And it flourishes.

9. 7-0-9

10. Because "I miss you most of all, my darling, when Autumn Leaves start to fall."

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!

That is all.

If they need a little boost for Finals week, 18 counts of DC will boost the GE. B)

Many people have stated that the Bluecoats are early season hype - that things will straighten themselves out as the season goes on. Well, the season has gone on for a while now and it's almost July....

Therefore, The Bluecoats will win DCI this year because....(Actually I see them as a strong Top 3 contender. Win it all? Who knows? Someone in the Top 3 has to win!)

They haven't won early against Cavies or Cadets. Don't worry, this will start to happen in July when all champions start to get clean. I think they closed the gap to Cadets to 0.25 at the last head to head show.

The biggest gaps on the recaps to Cavies has been in GE. Stronger programs produce better GE after they are cleaner than do programs that score better in GE early season.

Balanced attack. Percussion, Guard & Brass are all strong and the Vis scores have been very good as well. If they find a way to create the same effect level as the Cadets, Blue Devils & Cavaliers, then the Top 3 has truly become the Top 4.

No group of corps, no matter how excellent, remain unbeatable forever. DCI needs new corps in the Top 5. It keeps things interesting when there is more real competition. Even if you don't think that the Coats have a shot, be glad there is someone new stirring things up. I can guarantee that this will cause the Top 5 to be stronger this year.

Top 3 Bluecoats = Good for DCI!

Thanks for the clarification. By the way, I used to love your backbone@olemiss site.
Thanks! It was pretty crude by today's standards but I believe it was one of the first drumcorps to have a "web presence". In fact, I was contacted by someone at DCI for help when they decided to set up their website! It was flattering to know that people felt that the Bluecoats website was good enough (back then, anyway) to ask *me* for advice. B)

The Exorcism of the "Chicken Slop" menace

I hate to admit it because I think I'm the only one in the history of the corps - but I sorta *liked* chicken slop! :lol: