The Bluecoats are going to Win DCI this year.

Wait. Back up. NEW equipment truck????????? Any pics?

Also, the Bluecoats will win for the following reasons (in no particular order, except for #10 perhaps):

1. Six Words

2. Chicken Pucks

3. The Exorcism of the "Chicken Slop" menace

4. The Exorcism of the "Bobo's Peanut Butter (Product of India)" menace

5. The planting of a Canadian "Tooney" under the Center X at Finals by Antman.

6. "Night Brings Bad Dreams" (That's for you, Cordell)

7. Marklar

8. "The Great Bald Spot of Mofo" is fertile once more. And it flourishes.

9. 7-0-9

10. Because "I miss you most of all, my darling, when Autumn Leaves start to fall."

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!

That is all.

amen on the chicken pucks. and also the absence of shepard's pie as of last year will boost blooo all the way to the top.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait. Back up. NEW equipment truck????????? Any pics?

Also, the Bluecoats will win for the following reasons (in no particular order, except for #10 perhaps):

1. Six Words

2. Chicken Pucks

3. The Exorcism of the "Chicken Slop" menace

4. The Exorcism of the "Bobo's Peanut Butter (Product of India)" menace

5. The planting of a Canadian "Tooney" under the Center X at Finals by Antman.

6. "Night Brings Bad Dreams" (That's for you, Cordell)

7. Marklar

8. "The Great Bald Spot of Mofo" is fertile once more. And it flourishes.

9. 7-0-9

10. Because "I miss you most of all, my darling, when Autumn Leaves start to fall."

LET'S GO BLOOOOO!!!!!!

That is all.

Actually, Chicken Pucks have a new face thanks to Genevieve - now Chicken Puck Cordon Bleu! I think Genevieve decided to fancy up the place after a top 5 finish.

The new equipment truck is preetttty. With two (2) sets of staircases to facilitate that nasty on-off business.

And Oswald, I do hope you know that the Great Bald Spot isn't so much a spot anymore. More like his whole head. And it's moving with him to Texas in September. Shiner Bock for all!

Bluecoats will win DCI because their drum major is a bass clarinet player. The end.

-Meghan

The Bluecoats will not win DCI this yearm, however, they do have (IMO) the 2nd most enjoyable show of the season as of now

I hate to admit it because I think I'm the only one in the history of the corps - but I sorta *liked* chicken slop! :lol:

You know..I kinda liked it as well. Of course after marching all day, They could've fed me squirrel crap and I probably wouldn't have minded it.

I kinda liked chicken slop too! One night I gave some of it to a friend of mine that was marching Dutch Boy and he said it was the best he had all summer.

They will not win, but 4th place ain't bad

Quote" Therefore, The Bluecoats will win DCI this year because....(Actually I see them as a strong Top 3 contender. Win it all? Who knows? Someone in the Top 3 has to win!)

No group of corps, no matter how excellent, remain unbeatable forever. DCI needs new corps in the Top 5. It keeps things interesting when there is more real competition. Even if you don't think that the Coats have a shot, be glad there is someone new stirring things up. I can guarantee that this will cause the Top 5 to be stronger this year.

Top 3 Bluecoats = Good for DCI!"

DCI does not need new corps in the top 5. It needs the 5 best corps in any given year to be in the top 5. Different corps have popped in and out of the top 5 many times recently. It is just very difficult to maintain that level of excellence. Glassmen, Boston, Madison, SCV and even your beloved Bluecoats have been there. They just couldn't stay there. Cadets and BD have been fighting it out since the 80's and it doesn't look like Cavies are going to leave that top 5 party anytime soon. You're right to say no corps can remain unbeatable forever, but BD has been in the top 5 for 30 years.

Perhaps Bluecoats will even beat Cadets this year, but come Finals in August, it will probably be Bluecoats 4th/5th place behind BD, Cavies, Cadets and possibly Phantom (in no particular order) Top 3 Bluecoats? Maybe next year.

Edited by jmc5682

You poor, unfortunate, Chicken Slop-loving souls. Chicken Slop is the Devil, and the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he wasn't Chicken Slop.

However, if I could bring back one meal I think it would be Ivan's Stroganoff. Admittedly, this is mostly because of the fact that everyone had to point out what it sounded like as they stood in line and giggled, but it was also pretty darn tasty. Good times....

SO LET'S ALTER THE THREAD A BIT, EH?

1. What "common" tour meal do you miss the most?

2. What "special occasion" meal was the best you ever had?

You poor, unfortunate, Chicken Slop-loving souls. Chicken Slop is the Devil, and the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he wasn't Chicken Slop.

However, if I could bring back one meal I think it would be Ivan's Stroganoff. Admittedly, this is mostly because of the fact that everyone had to point out what it sounded like as they stood in line and giggled, but it was also pretty darn tasty. Good times....

SO LET'S ALTER THE THREAD A BIT, EH?

1. What "common" tour meal do you miss the most?

2. What "special occasion" meal was the best you ever had?

I'm proud to say that I marched in the last year of Bluecoats that ever included chicken-slop, complete with waffles (waffles???) as a side-dish.

Philly cheesesteaks from 2003 were by far my favorite meal, especially after eating 7 of them in one sitting. The 05 meatball subs get the honorable mention.