The Madison Scout Alumni Corps will win DCI this year

I'd better be able to hear them all the way from Indy- doesn't look like I'll be getting anywhere near Madison this year. :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference is Madison is an all Madison alumni corps. I’m sure it will be an amazing performance. I’ll never forget in ’71 when we (SCV horn line) joined with Madison and played YNWA at retreat in Madison. ’71 was three years before “Clowns”, so we didn’t have a “Corps Song”. Gail “borrowed” YNWA! .

Still a little sore about that "1972' thing eh ptr? :wall:

GO MADISON! Rock the house down.

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

I was not considering making the trip to finals this year until back in the winter when you announced what you were doing and that it was going to be on "REAL" drum corps instruments IMO!! IT would be worth the trip just for your performance. As said in an above post I hope there will be a recording for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did our first (semi-formal) performance yesterday and we ROCKED!!! We've had great rehearsals all along, but when we did the performance, everything just clicked and we raised the level about three notches! b**bs

Next performance will be Saturday, July 15 at Sun Prairie High School. B)

I was looking at the alumni corps roster on the website they had set up and I noticed that most brass parts had upper and lower splits. Does that mean we're going to hear sops and baris playing about 6 different parts in each section? Wall of sound! b**bs

For the sops, it's mostly 3 parts w/ the 3rds an octave below the leads. The splits are used sparingly, e.g for cluster chords.

Each time we get together I am re-amazed at the level of talent. It is mind-boggling actually. And most of us have gotton *better* over the years! I really enjoy pulling into the Ice Castles company front next to Metzger! :)

You have got to make a point of seeing this group. I was at the performance yesterday and I spent the whole time grinning like an idiot! They are loud, tight (and getting better each rehearsal), old, and old-school.

You can see them three times:

In Sun Prairie on July 15th during a band competition.

On Wednesay August 9th in Madison at memorial High School. It's them, Madison, Jubal, and Capital Sound.

On Friday at Semi-Finals...They may win the hearts of everyone there that night!

One thing to keep in mind. Every member is an alumnus of the Madison Scouts. They range from 1938 to current decade age-outs. No wanna-bes, just MADISON SCOUTS!!!!!

A couple of shots taken by "Uncle z" for your viewing pleasure!!

This was the final run through, with hats, shoes and gauntlets on from the uniform. There is the rest of the classic uniform...

you'll just have to come see us to see IT!

100_2176.jpg

100_2164.jpg