Seattle

Edited by dciguy01

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see! I just got back from the Mount San Antonio show. I'm going to call West coast inflated scores... All the corps that I saw before were MUCH better than on Tuesday ( the one's that I saw on Tuesday), but I think the numbers are a few points too high!!! I can't wait until all the corps get together. Heck, Academy was better than Mandarins ( which is NOT an insult to Mandarins, rather a compliment to Academy)

At any rate, it's shaping into a FUN summer. I may post a review if I don't see one for the Walnut show...

Edited by jjeffeory

BD are already 2 points clear from 2nd spot now that is a nice saftey cushion

BD are already 2 points clear from 2nd spot now that is a nice saftey cushion

That doesn't really mean much since you're comparing them to corps that are being judged by different people all the way across the country. Once we see them head-to-head it will make a difference.

However, that being said, the Blue Devils are doing great for this early in the season. I was slightly disappointed in the Bluecoats losing a little off of their score, but I'm sure they'll get right back up there soon. SCV is now breathing down the Cadets' back though, and they're doing much better than I thought they would this season. I can't wait to hear their show (haven't heard it, will see it live in a couple of weeks).

My take...

Some meaning can be derived from the scores we have seen to date.

1. BD, Cavies and Cadets have won every show they have entered and most recently by 2 points or more.

They are clearly the upper echelon.

2. 'Coats, SCV and PR are the 3 corps consistently finishing 2nd and would fall into our next tier.

3. BAC, Crown and Madison have all broken 70 and look to be solidly in the Top 12.

4. The last 3 sopts look to be a real dogfight again with as many as 6 corps having a legitimate shot at rounding out the Top 12.

5. Where will the Crossmen and Cascades fit into this picture?

6. Glassmen are the obvious wildcard this year because of the trip to Europe.

Personally, I am a bit concerned about the Glassmen. I dont think that the EuroTour is going to help them much because competitively, they will be light years ahead of anybody over here, thus giving them a false sense of security if they are not careful. I think that they may be in for a bit of a shock when they get back to The States. That said, my dark horse pick for Semis has to be the Blue Stars. Call me crazy if you like, but I guarantee they will be a Finalist within 3 years.

That doesn't really mean much since you're comparing them to corps that are being judged by different people all the way across the country. Once we see them head-to-head it will make a difference.

However, that being said, the Blue Devils are doing great for this early in the season. I was slightly disappointed in the Bluecoats losing a little off of their score, but I'm sure they'll get right back up there soon. SCV is now breathing down the Cadets' back though, and they're doing much better than I thought they would this season. I can't wait to hear their show (haven't heard it, will see it live in a couple of weeks).

By your same account, we'll see what happens when the Bluecoats have to go head to head with SCV...like you said, hard to compare across the country. PR is the one that has my head scratching. They've been stuck at 74 for a week. Everyone else has jumped 2 points (or more).

Also, you have to think that Glassmen are close to that 70 point mark....that's a lot of corps right at 70. What if Crossmen come out hot and are in that pack. Great season of drum corps still to come!

DW