Updated Standings

this may sound a bit nasty, but at what point of the season do you relise your not gonna win the finals

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this may sound a bit nasty, but at what point of the season do you relise your not gonna win the finals

About August 12 for the corps who've been winning all summer.

About May 31st for everybody else.

Good point Darrrin (about PR being stuck at 74 for a while).

I realize some of you like to look at the score and compare, regardless of where the contest toook place. I prefer to just look at the spreads. To me, this is the more telling factor.

Cavaliers have generally been 2 to 2.5 points up on the Bluecoats

Cavaliers beat Phantom by 2.8 to 4 points when they were meeting

Bluecoats were only .3 above Phantom at their last meeting, which was a while back.

Cadets have bested Phantom by an average of 2 points, or close to it

Bluecoats have been beating Madison by roughly 4.5 to 5 points

Blue Devils have been beating SCV by roughly 2.8 to 3.5 points (I think last night was the closest yet)

----------

What all this tells me is----NOTHING!

Ok, just kidding, I can gather a few things in theory.

I would say that if Cavaliers and Blue Devils are roughly in the same scoring catagory, which I think they are, then we can assume the following:

1. Cavaliers/BD (even)

3. Cadets (- .8 to 1)

4. Bluecoats (- 2 to 2.5)

5. Phantom (- 2.5 to 3)

6. SCV (- 2.5 to 3.5)

At this point, Madison would be at 7 or 8, but I need to see more shows from Boston, Crown, and Spirit before making any assessment. But the above is how I would have the top 6.

Personally, I am a bit concerned about the Glassmen. I dont think that the EuroTour is going to help them much because competitively, they will be light years ahead of anybody over here, thus giving them a false sense of security if they are not careful. I think that they may be in for a bit of a shock when they get back to The States. That said, my dark horse pick for Semis has to be the Blue Stars. Call me crazy if you like, but I guarantee they will be a Finalist within 3 years.

I think they know exactly where they are competitively. They were able to get in 3 shows before leaving and I believe they do have a good amount of rehearsal time while they are over there. Even then I wouldn't be alarmed. I'm sure that once they get back to the US, they'll be making the same changes to make the show better that they would have done even if they were still here.

At any rate, it's shaping into a FUN summer. I may post a review if I don't see one for the Walnut show...

post one anyway! two views are better than one.

Personally, I am a bit concerned about the Glassmen. I dont think that the EuroTour is going to help them much because competitively, they will be light years ahead of anybody over here, thus giving them a false sense of security if they are not careful. I think that they may be in for a bit of a shock when they get back to The States.

I'm sure that the Glassmen staff and management are keeping the kid's heads grounded and focused. That, and drum corps vets will know better.

I'd love to see SCV back at the top!

Did I miss The Academy's ranking here?

Isn't Academy is competing in DII/III?

Edited by ScribeToo