Edited by dciguy01

DIVISION I

1 The Cadets 78.950

2 Phantom Regiment 76.900

3 Carolina Crown 74.100

4 Spirit from JSU 71.450

5 Southwind 62.250

6 The Magic 56.750

Now THESE scores are more believable... yesterday's were out of control.

Now THESE scores are more believable... yesterday's were out of control.

Yeah! I think yesterday's score were out of line. But, the west coast seems to have huge bumps in score every night.

It's just an example of a score on a given night reflecting the score relative to other's in competition on that particular night Take Phantom Regiment out of this competition tonite, and Spirit, giving the same performace, scores higher. That's how the judging system works. It's just demonstrates for the millionth time that scores from different shows with different judging panels and different Corps competing can not be compared......Well, they can be compared, but that exercise is as useless are comparing, for instance, the National League baseball team New York Mets, with the Boston Red Sox of the American League. Until teams actually meet in head to head competition, comparing how teams ( or Corps ) do against others from different leagues ( different competition ) is a meaningless exercise.

Edited by X DM

It is called " Contest Dynamics". Many thing play into these dynamics . WHo is in the show , what order they appear. what are the conditions, what is the stadium view.

Then factor in the corps performance on that show day.

Have the field judges seen them at all. Have they seen them upstairs so they may have an idea of where to be for samples and how the show flows.

Is it the first show of the season for the judge?

Many factors come to play early seaon . Some of them carry on thru the whole season.

BUt Size of venue is a huge impact on how a show is viewed. You can get a better idea from reviews sometimes than you can scores.

just some thoughts.

Jeff

Yeah, Spirit took a pretty big fall tonight. The Cadets' score also dipped a bit from last night. I think these scores are a little easier to believe. We'll also get to see some more of the west coast corps later tonight. BD hasn't been on in a while.

You can click the link in my signature for updated standings including the two eastern competitions today (I'll add in the CA competition once the scores are up).

Yeah, Spirit took a pretty big fall tonight.

I don't know if I'd call it a big fall...it was more of a "correction". After a 6+ point jump, most everyone, even those of us that are Spirit supporters, were probably expecting a slight fall.

If you take out the 74+ last night, Spirit has still increased their score by three point in four days. Not shabby at all!

DIVISION I

1 The Cadets 78.950

2 Phantom Regiment 76.900

3 Carolina Crown 74.100

4 Spirit from JSU 71.450

5 Southwind 62.250

6 The Magic 56.750

Interesting to see that crown bested phantom handily in both GE vis and Colorguard tonight, considering that they look so much less polished than many corps right now...i would expect to see crown really start moving up when they can do their show better, as of right now, it is easily the most difficult show crown has done ever! But the drumline needs to step it up, as they once again are the weakest section in the corps, i believe they got a 12. something, if that score was in line with the ge vis and guard scores, the corps would have been at a 76ish.