Cadets 2006 Show – A Fresh Perspective

wow to say that the cadets are in the company of the cavaliers for having the best integrated shows the past two years is ignorant ...the whole reason the cadets won last year was because it was so different, many people would argue that it was a poorly designed show at best, with zero integration of the elements, just dripping with talent, I have no problem with miced vocals, amps, costumes or the like, my problem is the terrible drill and design of the show . just because they are the cadets and are dripping with talented kids, doesnt mean that they should win. i will be suprised if they beat blue devils or cavies, they are at best a 3rd place drumcorps! and that because of who they are! That is the most in depth attemt at describing the show i have ever heard from any show, and what you call layering and integration..is purely a muddled mess! with no thought process leading the eye around the field.Im sorry but the cadets wont get away with it 2 years in a row...they always try and it never works...

Unfortunatly, it is you who is ignorant. How dare you say to someone else, as you do in your first sentence, that they are ignorant for thinking that the Cadets and Cavies are somewhat similar in their approach to layered drill. Hey, just say you don't agree. But then you call them ignorant, and then I have to read your hateful dribble about how bad the Cadets are and how poorly integrated their show from last year was. WOW. You are the ignorant one, and I know I am somewhat out of character here (please forgive me all), but I am getting tired of your spiteful nature and your uneducated remarks. The other day you said that ALL EDUCATED PEOPLE know that the Cadets shows from 2005 was not a well integrated show. How do you know this? Have you spoken to all the educated people? Personally, I think you are an idot, and I would be glad to tell you so in person. Shut up!!!!

Jonathan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that I find this post rather suspect. What makes this a "fresh" perspective? :blink: I certainly didn't find it fresh - just an opinion. Whether it agrees with my opinion of the show or not is irrelevent and makes it no more fresher than my own opinion after viewing their production.

And does anyone else get the odd feeling that this was written by someone currently associated with the Cadets? It reads to me more like someone from within the organization making a desperate attempt to pander to the audience for support for their show. All that detail, explaining every aspect of the show, telling us what it is we are seeing and should be appreicating, etc. It reads like a libretto (or pre-show dribble to explain to us what we are about to see - other than the names of the tunes). Perhaps it's just the auditor in me, but the red flags of deception are flying left and right.

Can I ask a simple question?

Not trying to target anyone or start anything... but almost every single Cadet supported that posts here (sans George) all have a few things in common:

1. They have been members for some time...

2. They haven't posted much before this season (other seasons?) and don't post in many if any other topics

3. None have avatars

4. None have signatures

:blink:

I must say that I find this post rather suspect. What makes this a "fresh" perspective? :blink: I certainly didn't find it fresh - just an opinion. Whether it agrees with my opinion of the show or not is irrelevent and makes it no more fresher than my own opinion after viewing their production.

And does anyone else get the odd feeling that this was written by someone currently associated with the Cadets? It reads to me more like someone from within the organization making a desperate attempt to pander to the audience for support for their show. All that detail, explaining every aspect of the show, telling us what it is we are seeing and should be appreicating, etc. It reads like a libretto (or pre-show dribble to explain to us what we are about to see - other than the names of the tunes). Perhaps it's just the auditor in me, but the red flags of deception are flying left and right.

I really doubt it was from anyone in the organization, and even if it was, so what's the big deal. We should thank them for a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds to me like you only want to see YOUR perspective, and as soon as someone offers one that is different, you say "Red flag," or should I say conspiracy theory. Hey, what's the conspiracy? What is so wrong with someone writing a wonderful, well written, educated post that gives us a bit more info on their show? I appreciated it, but I do get tired of all the naysayers. Hey, you stated your opinion, and we all respected it. Now respect this one.

Jonathan

Go Bluecoats!!!!

Actually, my opinion of the show (which, if you couldn't tell, is that I don't like it) gets very little respect from most of the ones that like it. In fact, I've been told that I'm simply a Cadet-basher and that I'm stupid (in more colorful ways, of course) more times because of it than I was in elementary school...

I think it was a good review by someone who obviously likes the Cadets. That being said, we also need to be free to like or dislike shows and not be labeled as having "blinders" on. I can recognize the quality and thought that goes into a show like the Cadets are putting on, but I still don't have to fall in love with it based on it's merit alone. I haven't seen the show so I can't speak for this year, but last year had some great moments in it...I just have to fast forward over the drum feature, because I can't stand the drumspeak ect. I have enough experience with drum corps to know a great show when I see one......I just know I don't care for every great show out there from a personal standpoint. So if the Cadets put on a production that I don't like, I don't feel guilty at all for feeling that way. The drum corps I marched with has put on some shows that I don't particularly like (last year comes to mind..) but I don't feel that my distaste comes from having the so-called blinders on, just from personal bias and musical tastes. There's no harm in that IMO.

:blink::lol::lol:

I felt pretty thoroughly confused after watching Phantom. I had never heard of Faust before this (unless I did back when I was taking some English class or something) and really wasn't sure what was happening. Alice in Wonderland was definitely more familiar to me than an opera that I have never heard of

Faust is a story...not an opera

Actually, my opinion of the show (which, if you couldn't tell, is that I don't like it) gets very little respect from most of the ones that like it. In fact, I've been told that I'm simply a Cadet-basher and that I'm stupid (in more colorful ways, of course) more times because of it than I was in elementary school...

I think more people, and even Cadets fans, respect your opinion and your right to say it that you think. Don't let the 3 or 4 Cadets borgs ruffle your feathers. Every corps has them. Most Cadets fans are polite and complimentary of all the corps and all who share opinions on this forum. Most of them you probably don't even hear from on this forum. The main thing is to not generalize or stereotype. I have been in a ranting mood tonight, and I apoligize to all for that, but I simply can't take some of this stereotyping and the hateful comments.

I was referring soley to people on this forum, not fans don't visit. And I was referring to the kind of Cadets supporters who make topics like this one (comment about "blinders" referring to opinions like mine, see?). It really was as much of a generalization as it seemed, I apologize.

I really doubt it was from anyone in the organization, and even if it was, so what's the big deal. We should thank them for a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds to me like you only want to see YOUR perspective, and as soon as someone offers one that is different, you say "Red flag," or should I say conspiracy theory. Hey, what's the conspiracy? What is so wrong with someone writing a wonderful, well written, educated post that gives us a bit more info on their show? I appreciated it, but I do get tired of all the naysayers. Hey, you stated your opinion, and we all respected it. Now respect this one.

Jonathan

Go Bluecoats!!!!

Hmm, interesting supposition - though completely off base. If I only wanted to see MY perspective, why would I bother to read the post and the entire thread? Sorry, but I respect others views and opinion, which is why I read the post to begin with. Whether the so called perspective offerred in this post is anything like mine is completely beside the point I made. The post was stated as a "fresh perspective" as a fan. I simply commented that it did not appear to be a "fresh perspective", and it didn't appear to be from a fan, but rather from someong within the organization.

If I am correct and someone within the Cadets feels the need to make a post like this and do so in a deceptive manner (e.g., claim to be a fan offering a "fresh perspective" when they are nothing of the sort), I find myself a bit troubled. If the Cadets felt the need to make a post such as this, why couldn't they just be forthright about it? What conspracy? Good question. I never said there was one. I just said that the red flags on deceptive behaviour were flying all over this post - i.e., the pretense for the post was false. I'm sorry if you feel the need to go off the deep end because you somehow believe this is a criticism of the Cadets.

Oh, and Jonathan, please tell me how anything I said makes me a naysayer re: Cadets show? I don't think I offered my opinion about their production at all in this post/thread. Honestly, it's hard to respect what you have to say when you don't read what I said, and respond with a post like this.