Cadets 2006 Show – A Fresh Perspective

This is the thing: You DON'T KNOW if this is deceptive behavior. Can you prove that? And what reason would they have to be deceptive in the first place. There is no reason to be troubled until you know the truth, which you do NOT! Obviously, whoever wrote the post has seen their show, and other than making a remark about blinders (which was unfortunate) I thought it was a well written and insightful post. Why not just say "Interesting perspective," or "I disagree." But instead you make it seem as though no "real" post could possibly be written, regardless of who writes it, that would support the Cadets show as one that was worthy and wondeful. Imagine that.

Jonathan

Sure it's possible it was written by a fan. But there are a lot of the red flags that are indicators of deception (like I said when I commented it's just the auditor in me - trained to look for those things you know?). And there you go again, assuming I don't agree with them. I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the opinions stated in the post, OK? I am only commenting on the pretense of the post - nothing more, nothing less. What I found interesting was the pretense of the post, and the red flags ticking off in my brain. Why can't I comment on this?

Please tell me Jonathan, why do I hate the Cadets? :blink: You seem to think I do and know why. Since I don't have that opinion, perhaps you could enlighten me on why I feel this way.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I am going to add one thing. I saw the show live. With blinders fully removed (Have been for awhile) and still hated the show also I did not like Phantom a load either (more then Cadets but I can see why they won).

You can agree with placements and find a show bad. I think Cadets are better in terms of brass and visual over where they were at last season BUT I still hate the show. The vocals take away and do not add plus the mix on them was horid. I am sorry but the drum book sounds as fresh as it did in...um...2000. The uniforms look tacky. The only things I like was the brass book (WOW) and the visual design.

Being creative and pushing the limits is wonderful and risky. For the members I say bravo and a job well done, for the designers I say, wish you gave them a better product to push with.

I understand what you were saying about multi-tasking. But why would you want people to be missing parts of your show. If there are to many things happening to understand shoudnt it be fixed. All those things are disstracting away from the show. And I know in many shows there are. But I havent heard where people have been overwhelmed from the show. Not understanding it from that. I would think that you would want your show to understandable.

Lets continue to look for reasons to like the show and disregard the blaring reasons not too!

I have cast my vote regardless of the politics involved to persuade someone to overlook the obvious.

I think an infomercial would be more convincing!

Edited by Phantombari1

Faust is a story...not an opera

Actually it's both, and after reading the stuff on Wikipedia on both it seemed that Phantom's show was based more on the opera than just the story. But then neither really seems much like what I saw on the field.

I'm pretty sure marshamello is an alumna of the Cadets.

I might be wrong.

You are wrong. I know Marshamello. Marshamello is a friend of mine. And you're no.... Ooops, sorry, wrong line. Seriously, all you conspriacy theorists out there, I really do know Marshamello; have for many years. Marshamello never marched in the Cadets and is NOT and never was a member of the Cadets organization. She is just a fan who has been watching drum corps for many, many, years, and is, obviously, a careful observer of what's gong on out there on the field--and an excellent writer to boot.

1. Thanks for taking the time to do a thoughtful and thorough review Marsha.

2. From a literary prespective Alice in Wonderland is most definately not a simple, easy to understand story and the Cadets are trying to explore the many facets of it. Best of luck to them with their interpretation.

3. As far as corps fans being able or unable to appreciate or work hard to understand a show or concept or whether they should have to...

Any other old timers like myself remember the heaps of criticism that BD took circa '78-'82 for being too controlled, too smooth, too subtle etc...?

I for one enjoyed the challenge of watching those shows, picking them apart and learning to appreciate everything that was going on in them.

The biggest difference is that today most people only get to see a show 1x and not several as in years past and it is harder to tune in to what is going on on the field.

I'll only get to see everyone at Allentown this year and you better believe that I will be at my most attentive.

Edited by dckid80

Hello all! I have some thing I would like to say. First THANK YOU MARSHA- i really enjoyed reading your post. I have seen the Cadets numerous times this yr. and I missed some of the things you saw. Their show has so much going on, it does take more than one viewing to see it all. AGAIN THANK YOU :) ^OO^

Next I would like to respond to Skyryder and your comment about the original post being put up by the Cadets, and deceptive! THE CADETS SAY WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEXT to LaSqueegee- let me share with you some mindless statement. The girl in red looks like a cheap prostitute. I hate Cadets, I have not seen it yet, but I know I hate it. And the best one of all- I hate the Cadets show because of what I have read on this site :blink::lol:

I will continue to enjoy this show everytime I see it.

Byeeeee b**bs :lol:

Donna