Cadets 2006 Show – A Fresh Perspective

Maya Angelou

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

John Schaar

The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them, changes both the maker and the destination.

Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favour.

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. ~Harold Wilson

Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. ~Shunryu Suzuki\

Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed. ~Irene Peter

The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down. ~Jawaharlal Nehru

hose who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. ~Joan Wallach Scott

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. ~Woodrow Wilson

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot

change their minds cannot change anything. him to change clothes

to meet the German Ambassador: they want to see me, here I am.

If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits.

--Albert Einstein

Resolve to be a master of change rather than a victim of change.

--Brian Tracy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt it was from anyone in the organization, and even if it was, so what's the big deal. We should thank them for a different perspective. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds to me like you only want to see YOUR perspective, and as soon as someone offers one that is different, you say "Red flag," or should I say conspiracy theory. Hey, what's the conspiracy? What is so wrong with someone writing a wonderful, well written, educated post that gives us a bit more info on their show? I appreciated it, but I do get tired of all the naysayers. Hey, you stated your opinion, and we all respected it. Now respect this one.

Jonathan

Go Bluecoats!!!!

I find it hard to believe that someone can write 15+ paragraphs describing the show after one viewing...I don't care what perspective they're trying to convey

Oh, and Jonathan, please tell me how anything I said makes me a naysayer re: Cadets show? I don't think I offered my opinion about their production at all in this post/thread. Honestly, it's hard to respect what you have to say when you don't read what I said, and respond with a post like this.

well by jumping on a positive thread about cadets 06 show and accusing the author of being a staffer or something, it kind of seems like you're saying no one can like this show enough to post something good about it other than a member or staffer. and it was fresh, it offered many insights into the prgram that have been excluded from other reviews bc their content and focus has been on the whacky aspects of the show.

I find it hard to believe that someone can write 15+ paragraphs describing the show after one viewing...I don't care what perspective they're trying to convey

x2

Bingo.

The way she begins her tale implies a first viewing... also, she never states any other times she witnessed it and makes no connections to other performances... assuming its her first viewing is quite obvious.

well by jumping on a positive thread about cadets 06 show and accusing the author of being a staffer or something, it kind of seems like you're saying no one can like this show enough to post something good about it other than a member or staffer. and it was fresh, it offered many insights into the prgram that have been excluded from other reviews bc their content and focus has been on the whacky aspects of the show.

Yes, I commented that the source of the post was suspect. But I didn't say a single thing about Cadets show. The post did offer many insights intot he program - a few too many for a fan viewing the show once in my opinion. Which smacked of someting other than a "fresh perspective" If it was a staffer writting that, it's not a "fresh perspective" - it's a biased in depth explanation of what the staff intends for the auduence to see and appreciate. Calling that a "fresh perspective" from a fan after one viewing is the issue that I am commenting on - nothing more, nothing less. OK?

Maya Angelou

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.

John Schaar

The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them, changes both the maker and the destination.

Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favour.

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. ~Harold Wilson

Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. ~Shunryu Suzuki\

Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed. ~Irene Peter

The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down. ~Jawaharlal Nehru

hose who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. ~Joan Wallach Scott

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. ~Woodrow Wilson

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot

change their minds cannot change anything. him to change clothes

to meet the German Ambassador: they want to see me, here I am.

If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits.

--Albert Einstein

Resolve to be a master of change rather than a victim of change.

--Brian Tracy

i have an idea for change...especially if the cadets continue to get credit for their show...how about change the sheets, as of now the criteria on the sheets doesnt line up at all with the method in which the cadets design their show. so if the judges want to give them all this credit,..... then change the sheets!...much like the cadets have been petitioning for the past couple of years. I guess when they didnt change the sheets, they decided they would do whatever they wanted anyway, after all they are the cadets...let the truth be known, if other lesser valued corps had design elements similiar in their shows, they would get the hammer dropped for poor pacing, bad transitions, and overall lack of integration.

If I am correct and someone within the Cadets feels the need to make a post like this and do so in a deceptive manner (e.g., claim to be a fan offering a "fresh perspective" when they are nothing of the sort), I find myself a bit troubled. If the Cadets felt the need to make a post such as this, why couldn't they just be forthright about it? What conspracy? Good question. I never said there was one. I just said that the red flags on deceptive behaviour were flying all over this post - i.e., the pretense for the post was false. I'm sorry if you feel the need to go off the deep end because you somehow believe this is a criticism of the Cadets.

This is the thing: You DON'T KNOW if this is deceptive behavior. Can you prove that? And what reason would they have to be deceptive in the first place. There is no reason to be troubled until you know the truth, which you do NOT! Obviously, whoever wrote the post has seen their show, and other than making a remark about blinders (which was unfortunate) I thought it was a well written and insightful post. Why not just say "Interesting perspective," or "I disagree." But instead you make it seem as though no "real" post could possibly be written, regardless of who writes it, that would support the Cadets show as one that was worthy and wondeful. Imagine that.

Jonathan