More DCI Atlanta questions...

Just be sure to bring your lead pipe when you walk to and from the Dome, homey!

Yeah, speaking of this...

How is the walk between The Glenn Hotel and the Dome? Is it indeed a bad enough area to consider getting a cab? Or will my fourteen-years-since-they've-been-used boxing skills be sufficient? :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely not a native to Atlanta, but the times I have walked around down there (downtown, Phillips, etc), I've never seen or had a problem.

..except for the guy talking to a lamp post.

Well, if it is anything like the Indy regional was, cheap hotel rooms were hard to come by. I put in a bid on priceline for a 3 star downtown (Indy) and got a room at the Marriott which was connected right to the dome for $79 a night! This was a $169/night room. My point is, even if the hotel website says there is no rooms in your price range available, you can try priceline or hotwire and name a reasonable price. Just make sure if you use one of those sites that you bid a price that you are selecting the exact location or hotel type you want, because if you mess that up, you are stuck, because it is immediate payment. Good luck!

I just need to make sure and print out a stadium section chart before I get there.

Hotel wise, I got a quote from hotwire for $68 a night at what hotwire calls a "three-and-a-half" star hotel in Buckhead. Based on a couple of co-worker's reaction, their response has been "no way." I've also heard good things about the Airport Hilton Gardens.

Thanks

TripAdvisor.com

Run it past this site. I encourage all to bookmark TripAdvisor.com. It's reviews from people who actually stay at the various properties.

How is the walk between The Glenn Hotel and the Dome? Is it indeed a bad enough area to consider getting a cab? Or will my fourteen-years-since-they've-been-used boxing skills be sufficient? :P

The walk from both of these hotels is very safe and relatively short (The Glenn Hotel is closer than the Marriott on Spring St.). Of course, I never recommend walking all alone, but I think you will feel safe walking from these hotels.

Thanks for the great info Chadwick....I'm looking forward to visiting Atlanta this weekend. It will be my first time there since my 1997 summer tour.

You are very welcome! I am just so pumped about this show...first one of the season I have been able to make, and I am taking my mom to the show for her first ever live DCI show...I don't think this year's shows are going to disappoint either!

Also, there is another parking deck on Northside Dr. called the Gold Parking Deck, also $10 for the day. VERY close to the Dome and not too far from the rehearsal area. This may have limited parking b/c this is where all the DCI bigwigs are parking.

Blue Knights housing at North Springs HS

Magic at Flat Rock HS in Tyrone, GA

Great stuff Chadwick. If it wasn't mentioned before, The Braves are playing the Mets Sunday about 1 ish. So if people want to hangout in Atown for Sunday, there ye are then.

I have been hear 18yrs and I have never had a problem.

maybe just maybe midtown.

and we all know the stroy for buckhead case closed.