Does it really get better than this?

One of my all-time favorite shows. Yet Santa Clara's opener that same year ("Russian Christmas Music") also gave me chills, and is another one of my all-time favorite shows. And Phantom? Wow! Just a great year for drum corps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heizSTNy9zs&search=cadets

Just saw this on YouTube.Com for the first time in years. Chills again. :worthy:

Wow.

What made me march there and thought I would share it to those who maybe have not seen it.

Does it get better than that, you ask? Well, if you consider 11 or so minutes of the same 'better,' than I'd say yes. :)

That is one of my all-time favorite shows, and with SCV that year is one of my favorite 1-2 'punches' in DCI Finals history. If there was any year where I wouldn't have been upset over a tie, it would've been 87 with those two amazing performances.

Thanks for sharing; I have that show on DVD and I haven't dug it out in awhile. Now, you've "forced" me too ;)

Edited by perc2100

Just got the Legacy DVDs for 1989 and 1988 (along with 1997 and 1998) in the mail today. Looks like I'm going to have to put 1987 in my next purchase. :)

I will continue to say this as often as I need to: 1987 Garfield and 1987 Santa Clara Vanguard may not only be the best one-two punch ever, but 30 years from now we will still be talking about these two shows as perhaps some of the finest ever in the activity.

If you throw BD 1982 and 1986 in with this, Garfield 1984, Phantom 1989, Cavaliers 2000 and 2002 (and maybe Bond), Bluecoats 1995 and 2005, and Madison 1988 and 1995, well...you have one wail of a DVD/CD.

Then add Star 1990 - 1993, 27th Lancers 1975 and 1980, Bridgemen 1978 and 1980, Spirit of Atlanta 1980, Troppers 1986, Bluecoats 1988, Suncoast Sound 1985 and 1988, Blue Devils 1988 and 1994, and Crossmen 1992, and now you have the ULTIMATE DVD Collection!!!

I know, there are just too many to list.

Yeah, SCV and Garfield 1987 = a BIG WOW!!

Definitely one of my all time favorite shows and years...(other than that show we did that year :( ) Way to go Wesley Johnson my friend may you REST IN PEACE!!!! One night at move in in 1991 we were listening to the CD's and he did the dance.. WOW He told us that was the first time he had done it since finals night in 1987.

Definitely one of my all time favorite shows and years...(other than that show we did that year :( ) Way to go Wesley Johnson my friend may you REST IN PEACE!!!! One night at move in in 1991 we were listening to the CD's and he did the dance.. WOW He told us that was the first time he had done it since finals night in 1987.

What happened to him?