30 members have voted

1. 1. The Moderators

• Are out of control
    • Just doing whats asked of them
    • Lactose intolerant
    • Will shut this down before 5 votes
    • banish me from DCP and the drum corps activity in general
    • Really great people but mis-understood

I can undertand Nikks feeling about this. The same thing happened to me on a firefighting board. I was attacked and only defended myself and was kicked off.

I've noticed that more and more topics are being closed for to me no good reason.

So we'll see how long this last

I had to decide b/w "just doing..." and "great but misunderstood"

I chose the latter..

they're doing fine, folks...really

They are....cut them some slack...seriously

Edited by JMS0527

don't knock it til you've tried it...it's harder than it looks.

I'm with Jason.. I had to choose between the two.. and having held that job on THIS message board.. it's thankless and never-ending.. and no matter what you do, you're going to #### somebody off.

Quite honestly, I think people who want to jump on the moderators for doing what they do should step back and take a closer look at the guidelines for this message board. It's pretty clearly defined what they're expected to do and just because the board and guidelines aren't set up the way YOU would like them, doesn't mean the mods are wrong for enforcing them.

I don't always agree.. but this isn't my place. They're doing a great job and get beat up on WAY more than they should and get far less credit for the jobs they do than they should, as well.

Stef

i dont always agree with them, but lately they have been getting it right

Do what they have to do, when they have to do it, and as fairly as they can.

Everyone is going to disagree when something they post gets deleted or locked, but just look around either you weren't the first one to post it (me on Indy scores B)) or you were out of line. Take a step back and reconsider something before you post it...read it twice...you may think better and then you'll have no reason to get mad at mods for deleting it.

When you think of the amount of posts and cliques and potential for trouble, I think they do the best they can.

Some, sometimes, have to forget about if they like the person or not and judge the decisons they make solely on the content in question, A good friend of theirs doing a bad thing is no different than someone they hate doing the very same thing.

Its nice that some moderators that used to be power hungry are no longer in control. And the bottom line, they are just people like you and me. Talk to them, sometimes they are wrong and welocme some chat..as long as its not public and humiliating.

Half the time when something doesnt seem fair, its because they dont get the whole story, they usually only get whats sent to them and decide, a course of action based on that. Its our responsibility that they make fair decisions and get all information to make that decision. You cant complain if you dont participate.

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

This is a very large forum, so the moderators should first be commended for wanting to manage it at all. That said, my problem is not with the moderators themselves but with a lack of transparency in the moderation process. In Nikk's case, it seems he had no idea how long he was banned for. That strikes me as a problem.

I do not know the entire situation, but I feel transparency is always the best solution to any malcontent among forums.

This is a very large forum, so the moderators should first be commended for wanting to manage it at all. That said, my problem is not with the moderators themselves but with a lack of transparency in the moderation process. In Nikk's case, it seems he had no idea how long he was banned for. That strikes me as a problem.

I do not know the entire situation, but I feel transparency is always the best solution to any malcontent among forums.

I'm only going to say this regarding Nikk's suspension.........he is well aware why he was suspended. Just like anyone else, he received via email the Suspension Notification, and replied to it.

Gentelman Marcher, you're pretty new and I'll tell you this once. No way they don't tell him exactly how long the suspension will last, no matter how it "seems" from a post made by somebody else from an email from a suspended poster. For any other new people, don't judge the people who own and operate this board based on 3 degrees of heresay.

I see that Rich responded to you while I was typing the above response. It's unfortunate to me that he has to justify his actions and clear up misperceptions like this, but he's obviously a fair guy.

Edited by LanceSquire