• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.. Cav's have enough girls

Wow. You really know how to win

friends and influence people!

I've read several posts about the "doom and gloom" of this year's Madison show, mostly by folks who had not even seen the show. Some have even called for a "house cleaning" of the instructional staff. What a hughe mistake that would be, but I'm sure Sal is much to smart a director to be thinking about that.

Some of those same people will be singing their praises when the Scouts once again make it into the top 6.

The guard score is improving and I think it is still just a matter of time before the Scouts will be fighting it out

with Bluecoats and Phantom. The drill is very difficult, but I KNOW the Scouts staff will keep cleaning it.

The drumline is already scoring with the top 6 and the brass scores are getting very close. With continued improvement in the guard and drill, the visual and GE scores will improve.

" Scouts once again make it into the top 6 ". I don't know about that one, oldbandguy. They would have to beat Phantom, Bluecoats ( among others ) to get into the top 6. They have their work cut out for them to do that. And their recent guard scores leave them with LOTS of work to do to enable Madison to get into the top 6, it seems.

Edited by X DM

No.. Cav's have enough girls

Like drunk-dialing.. drunk-posting will never get you anywhere... except annoyed at by people who might have once taken you seriously.

Stef

" Scouts once again make it into the top 6 ". I don't know about that one, oldbandguy. They would have to beat Phantom, Bluecoats ( among others ) to get into the top 6. They have their work cut out for them to do that. And their recent guard scores leave them with LOTS of work to do to enable Madison to get into the top 6, it seems.

No, they don't have to beat either of those corps to get in the top 6:

BD, Cavies, Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom, Scouts is possible. Their competition for final spot in the top 6 is SCV, Crown, Boston, and Glassmen.

I agree they have their work cut out for them, but I think it's gonna happen...but I'm certainly biased!

tonight was my first time to see the show, via internet, and i certainly had mixed feelings. Couldn't see the guard. I liked the drums and horns alot. Of course, it is hard to hear dirt from drums with the sound i was getting. My biggest negative notice was, as everyone as said, the drill. While cooler than when I marched scouts, i was surprised at the errors on the easy stuff, ie. people not in on straight lines. It sorta ruins great drill when somebody is not in line, you know? Overall it certainly was dirty than the surrounding competition, but I suppose the positive is that the next step is glaring the staff in the face, versus other corps.

Really? We've already seen a lot of moving in the numbers. They had a big boost a few nights ago before they put changes in the show prior to Dubuque. They're really not all that far behind their competition. It doesn't appear that PR is as strong as last season, Crown was certainly close (scorewise), we don't yet know much about SCV, but they haven't been scoring well, and Blue is certainly catchable. We've more than a month left in the season. Remember, last summer Blue never beat or tied the Scouts until semi's. In fact, they weren't really even close until around San Antonio.

tonight was my first time to see the show, via internet, and i certainly had mixed feelings. Couldn't see the guard. I liked the drums and horns alot. Of course, it is hard to hear dirt from drums with the sound i was getting. My biggest negative notice was, as everyone as said, the drill. While cooler than when I marched scouts, i was surprised at the errors on the easy stuff, ie. people not in on straight lines. It sorta ruins great drill when somebody is not in line, you know? Overall it certainly was dirty than the surrounding competition, but I suppose the positive is that the next step is glaring the staff in the face, versus other corps.

I can see how it would be easy to not be in a straight line when you're RUNNING into that set. :P

I enjoyed the second half of Madison's show last night.

I still think Glassmen should have beaten then, but take that for what it's worth.

~>conner

No, they don't have to beat either of those corps to get in the top 6:

BD, Cavies, Cadets, Bluecoats, Phantom, Scouts is possible. Their competition for final spot in the top 6 is SCV, Crown, Boston, and Glassmen.

I agree they have their work cut out for them, but I think it's gonna happen...but I'm certainly biased!

I've always liked Madison too, Oldbandguy. As for these Corps you mentioned, I noticed on the future scheduling that Madison and Boston will be competing together over the next few weeks. That should be an interesting match up. It'll also be interesting to see how SCV falls into this mix of Corps when they come East.