Official DCPers in Madison Thread

I think you guys need to bring your hawaiian shirts and come to z's Luau birthday party on tuesday night!

We will probably be well on our way to our own celebration as we have tickets to the Mallards game in the all-you can drink section. ^0^

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the dorms across from the stadium.

I'm having no luck finding a place to stay. Deleted my reservation info and cannot find anything local. Anyone... suggestions, willing to share, anything? Any help would be appreciated!

Where will you be staying at During finals week ?

microtel not far from the stadium but not walking distance??? I am not sure--but it was the closest left back in like March!

I'm having no luck finding a place to stay. Deleted my reservation info and cannot find anything local. Anyone... suggestions, willing to share, anything? Any help would be appreciated!

You may need to be willing to travel from as far away as Janesville or other surrounding towns (like Fond du Lac or towns where your corps of choice may be staying).

If I were you, I'd find out what town my favorite corps was staying in and then go to the Chamber of Commerce for that town to get hotel recommendations.

Also, call hotels you wish to stay at directly. Dont' call the 800 numbers.. get the local number and call the hotel desk directly. Many times they know about cancellations or have reserve rooms (for errors like overbooking) held back that the 800 reservations operators don't always know about.

Good luck!

At my boyfriend's house in Fond du Lac (about an hour from Madison.. and no, the commute is not that bad when there's a couple of warm kittens, a soft, comfy bed and my own things waiting for me at the end of it).

I love having finals in Madison! :blink:

I hear that a lot of us drum corps freaks stay at the KOA campgrounds right outside Madison when finals are here. That's where I'll be. It's super cheap and you get to be around fellow corps nuts. Who knows, though, maybe by now it's all booked too.