MANKATO!

I'm calling it right now....

Blue Devils 2006 Ending:

Channel the 1996 show and send the hornline and drumline running to the pit while blasting the 1996 ending with sirens blaring and pit crashes.

Just a kid with a dream here :)

ssshhh!!!!!!!ttttt babies would be flying..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might work...the shows do have a similarity to them

I'm calling it right now....

Blue Devils 2006 Ending:

Channel the 1996 show and send the hornline and drumline running to the pit while blasting the 1996 ending with sirens blaring and pit crashes.

Just a kid with a dream here :)

Yes, please. :)

i know it is assumed but do you know for sure that they are working on one??

No - it was too expensive to build a tunnel out of the far end of Camp Randall into the fire station.....

Can we call the Blie Stars the BStars PLEASE!!!!

Umm, I'm stickin with Blue Stars

:) ppssssttt!! New Ending = Still Not In!!

:beer:

I am going to preface this by saying I am a big Cavaliers fan, as well as a big Blue Devils fan, so I mean both corps the utmost respect with this next statement.

I'm sure that The Cavaliers have changes for their show, but so do the Blue Devils. However, I would caution those who think that making changes is the key to their corps' success.

For example, The Cavaliers have a history (at least the past few years) of making mid-to-late season changes to their shows. In 2004, they changed the entire closer of their show and it rocketed them past the Blue Devils. In 2003 they added kind of a "tag" by reversing the opening music and drill. From an artistic value, I loved it; from an entertainment value I think it "hurt" their show because it made the show end quietly and almost weakly, so it lacked that ending punch. (I use quotation marks for "hurt" because it's hard to say a show that finished 2nd was dramatically impacted, but I feel that they were in the driver seat until that change). In 2005, I don't feel they changed that much, or at least that the changes they made did not create enough of a different impact to vault them to the top.

In the same vein, the Blue Devils made late season changes (even last show changes) to their 2002, 2003 and 2004 productions. In 2002, they reworked large portions of the show both musically and drill-wise throughout the year. At one point they were as low as 4th in some contests but changed enough to finish 2nd. In 2003, it jacked up their GE wonderfully to add the changes they did, and in 2004 their surprise "leave the building" ending was adored by the crowd but not enough by the judges to vault them to the top.

And although I'm focusing on The Cavaliers and Blue Devils, I'm sure that similar things could be said of late season adjustments for Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats, and anyone else that is viewed as a legitimate contender this year or any year.

In other words, simply saying or implying that your favorite corps is going to claim the top spot just because they have yet to implement changes to their ending or any other part of their show really means nothing.

If I may say so, please just enjoy the shows; ALL of them. Even The Cadets have a lot of good things going on interspersed through some of the controversial elements of their shows. Just let the corps do what they do, and let's do what we do...cheer and enjoy.

For example, The Cavaliers have a history (at least the past few years) of making mid-to-late season changes to their shows. In 2004, they changed the entire closer of their show and it rocketed them past the Blue Devils. In 2003 they added kind of a "tag" by reversing the opening music and drill. From an artistic value, I loved it; from an entertainment value I think it "hurt" their show because it made the show end quietly and almost weakly, so it lacked that ending punch. (I use quotation marks for "hurt" because it's hard to say a show that finished 2nd was dramatically impacted, but I feel that they were in the driver seat until that change). In 2005, I don't feel they changed that much, or at least that the changes they made did not create enough of a different impact to vault them to the top.

i remember that change from 2004!

it was steller i really loved it