ohio is for dci

and ummmm ohio is for lovers

:P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "method" of the color guard designer that was hired is to develop the program as the season progresses - thats how they did it last year and it worked well in the end.

And yes, I agree, that just because PR has planned changes and additions, that does not mean they are going to pass everyone currently above them. They made the right changes last year and moved up from 5th to 3rd - with a point of 2nd. But that does not mean that the changes every year are going to be that effective - hopefully they will be. It also doesn't mean that they have the patent on making the right changes to their show. Bluecoats have just as must potential. Like it was previously said, let all top 5 make their changes, work their tails off and we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by PR ROCKS

PR is just getting it handed to them in guard and at least last night, Vis Performance. They were 3rd in Vis Perf and 3rd in CG, beating Glassmen by .1 for 4th.

I don't think PR is usually getting beat so bad in Vis Perf but the CG has been getting beat bad all season. Is this fixable? Seems they got the GE Vis score fixed (2nd by .3 last night). Didn't they hire a big name CG instructor last season?

Just for reference, I believe PR was 7th in guard at both San Antonio and Murfreesboro last year and then was 3rd in Indy and hung out in the top 4 the rest of the season.

And Spirit, Crossmen and Colts better watch out for Cap Reg who might just be a legitimate contender for that last spot in Finals. They may have already past the Blue Stars...time will tell!

So far CR hasn't beaten any of them in a head to head. Let's wait and see what Tuesday will bring ^0^

You could say the reverse as well of course, that once Bluecoats clean up the music performance to the standard of Phantom that the scores will go up in kind.

Just sayin' :)

Not really. Visual impacts all scores, because if memebers are having difficulty marching sections of the show, the quality of the playing is reduced.

Not really. Visual impacts all scores, because if memebers are having difficulty marching sections of the show, the quality of the playing is reduced.

But music can be suffering WITHOUT having trouble marching the show.

Thus, my argument still stands. Blue can get better in the music captions.

But music can be suffering WITHOUT having trouble marching the show.

Thus, my argument still stands. Blue can get better in the music captions.

That can be true - but when one corps is leading in music and lagging in visual, that usually says something. If you're marching a more visual difficult show, and you're already winning the music captions, that bodes well for what happens when the visual aspects of the show get cleaned up.

Admitedly, I have not seen these two live - I'm just basing this on video clips and word of mouth, and word of mouth is that Phantom has the tougher visual show.

You are right in that we don't know what's going to happen. I am certainly excited for Bluecoats. Those kids must be having a ball having the best season the corps has ever had. Now, let's just hope they beat the Cadets :P

I do want a miracle for Madison and SCV, but come finals - I'll be pulling for all four (Bluecoats, Madison, Phantom, and SCV), and I don't care what order they finish.

It sure has been an exciting season.

Edited by gellio

So far CR hasn't beaten any of them in a head to head. Let's wait and see what Tuesday will bring ^0^

You are very much correct...I am just saying I had all but counted Cap Reg out as a contender for Finals this year. But, as they have done the past two years, they are putting on a big surge late in the season. While I don't think they will be able to pass this many corps and make it into Finals, they sure are going to turn some heads and maybe pass a couple of them.

Just for reference, I believe PR was 7th in guard at both San Antonio and Murfreesboro last year and then was 3rd in Indy and hung out in the top 4 the rest of the season.

I hope you are right, Greg. I want nothing more than for Phantom to make the mother off all pushes at the end of the season and win the whole shootin match. I just hope the CG doesn't drag them down, because right now it is.

I love the coats, but I will NEVER yay for Ohio. Someone bring a few corps to Michigan ^0^

agreed