DC Memories -

Miss all of those and my drum corps family

I miss every last person I marched with. We went through some hard times, like everyone else did at one point or another.

I especially miss my drum corps buddies that have since passed away. :( :angel:

I miss the feeling right after a good show. I loved the free time after each performance and the friendships made with other corps members.

Don't miss:

####ty fields (Sunnyvale, anyone?)

Surface-of-the-sun practice sites

TRYING to sleep on a bus

Blisters, aching muscles, etc.

Snuggies (I had my three, thank you very much!)

Woody Woodpecker on a sop (Beth....play something ELSE!)

Miss:

Beth's Ewok doll bound, gagged, and strung up from the rafters after she played WW one too many times!

Kicking everyone's ### at comps

Mars (surprisingly enough!)

Being in a full line of awesome, AWESOME musicians

Electrifying the crowd

The look people gave you when you were in uni...there were times when I felt like a god in that blue jacket...

REALLY MISS:

Marching into the stadium at Riverside City College by going behind the main stands and through the souvie area...quite the thrill to know that a lot of folks in the top few rows turn away from whoever's on the field and lean over the top to get a look at you....and hearing "Dude...there's BD!!"

Entering the field from the Side 2 gate isn't the same...

• I miss the adrenaline rush of the 60 sec warmup
  • I miss walking into the stadium at DCI finals while the corps before you is finishing up their performance, and hearing the roar of the crowd as they finish.
  • I miss the anticipation of the score announcements at retreat
  • I miss having a percussion judge standing a foot in front of me looking for a "tick"
  • I miss hearing our hornline playing F Tuning sequence during the 60 sec warmup
  • Most of all, I miss being a part of 135 people that become "one" for 13 minutes

Eventhough I marched SCV A Corps, I miss being in the SCVC only because I was able to watch Div.1 shows after performing.

I remember back in 1990 (rookie year) watching Div 1 for the first time and Freelancers came on. I was like WOW! I'm thinking BATMAN...there gonna win. Then SCV comes on with Carmen...Freelancers, never mind.