Current DCA Standings

......in their first comp of the year, with an unfinished show, marching several blanks, with a major prop that was unfinished and with a score from two and a half weeks ago while most of the others listed are on their 3rd and 4th show already.

I know it's all in good fun, but it's sorta brutal throwing us in there under the above circumstances.

I'm just sayin'.......

:mellow:

Looks like you can redeem yourselves this weekend. :P

And yes, it's all in good fun. But, consider this: Some corps haven't had the luxury of being able to compete yet. And I can think of one corps (Kilties) that has been out on their lonesome (ie, no other DCA corps in the line-up) for all but one of their shows. Still others (Renegades, Dream) won't be able to compete at anything without embarking upon long, expensive trips until Rochester rolls around. As a former Chops member would say, "Suck it up, Buttercup!"

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the current list I have been keeping. Granted it may be slightly skewed, as MCL has a score on DCI sheets I believe. Still, to the best of my knowledge, this is as complete as can be.

1 Buccaneers 85.5

2 Bushwackers 83.2

3 Empire Statesmen 82.3

4 Caballeros 82.0

5 Minnesota Brass, Inc. 79.1

6 Brigadiers 75.4

7 Renegades 75.2

8 Hurricanes 74.4

9 Carolina Gold 73.5

10 Kilties 70.2

11 CorpsVets 67.7

12 Crusaders 67.1

13 Skyliners 64.2

14 Sunrisers 58.1

15 Music City Legend 48.6

1 River City Regiment 72.4

2 SoCal Dream 69.0

3 Chops, Inc. 65.2

4 Govenaires 62.1

5 White Sabers 59.1

On those same sheets, at roughly the same time, we score a point higher than corpsvets.

Your post is misleading....but that's a good thing. All the better for our surprise this weekend.

I can't wait until this time next week :)

Edited by radiosteele

it is indeed shaping up to be one of the most competitive seasons yet in DCA. dont look just at the top dogs....looks like a fight for just make it into the top 10 is tougher than last year, and the Class A fight should be good too.

This is the current list I have been keeping. Granted it may be slightly skewed, as MCL has a score on DCI sheets I believe. Still, to the best of my knowledge, this is as complete as can be.

1 Buccaneers 85.5

2 Bushwackers 83.2

3 Empire Statesmen 82.3

4 Caballeros 82.0

5 Minnesota Brass, Inc. 79.1

6 Brigadiers 75.4

7 Renegades 75.2

8 Hurricanes 74.4

9 Carolina Gold 73.5

10 Kilties 70.2

11 CorpsVets 67.7

12 Crusaders 67.1

13 Skyliners 64.2

14 Sunrisers 58.1

15 Music City Legend 48.6

1 River City Regiment 72.4

2 SoCal Dream 69.0

3 Chops, Inc. 65.2

4 Govenaires 62.1

5 White Sabers 59.1

Thanks Sayre,

Donna and I are looking forward to seeing the Corps this weekend! :wink:

(the last competition I saw (or was in) was Bridgeport, 1985.... :sshh: )

Hoping I'll get to meet a few DCP'ers on Sat..... Because of my limitations on mobility, I'll be bringing my TennTux patch. (looks like my avatar) If anyone recognizes me throw something at me and say HI!

(Donna was in the rifle line, she's good at catching stuff and I was a DM, I'm used to people throwing things at me... b**bs )

Scores shmores...

Scores shmores...
Its all about the scores.

Its all about the scores.

But only when they happen on same field, of course. Though it is fun to try to make comparisons and give yourself goals to work towards.

Looking forward to seeing MCL this weekend, Ed. Best of luck to you all (y'all), and hopefully we can all get together if not at retreat, then in the parking lot.....

But only when they happen on same field, of course. Though it is fun to try to make comparisons and give yourself goals to work towards.

Looking forward to seeing MCL this weekend, Ed. Best of luck to you all (y'all), and hopefully we can all get together if not at retreat, then in the parking lot.....

That sounds cool.

I was trying to sound sarcastic BTW.