I.C. Reveries/27th Lancers

So what's the story? I know both corps were operating at the same time BUT I heard that 27th Lancers came from the Reveries...SOOOOO What's the story?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Sister had a college prof who was a member of the (pre 27th) IC Reveries. She wore a DC shirt and they got talking. When I found out I said "Ask if he was part of the sit in" and refused to explain. Few days later she called with "What the #### was the sit in? His jaw hit the floor and the said he aged out the year before."

Just read thefog write up and need to explain the "Senior" Reveries were not a Senior (aka All Age) corps. It was the corps members went to after they "graduated" from the feeder corps. Looks like both main and feeder corps were both known as the Reveries. :grouphug:

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

There's a few words about it in "TWO-SEVEN: a brief history of the 27th Lancers" which can be found here

I would have liked to have heard Father Gallegher's take on the sit down at the VFW finals and the subsequent breakup. All this happened 40 years ago and has passed into the realm of legend, therefore the facts are, shall we say, less important than the story itself.

There's a few words about it in "TWO-SEVEN: a brief history of the 27th Lancers" which can be found here

I would have liked to have heard Father Gallegher's take on the sit down at the VFW finals and the subsequent breakup. All this happened 40 years ago and has passed into the realm of legend, therefore the facts are, shall we say, less important than the story itself.

Thank God that the sit down happend, otherwise we may never have had a 27th Lancers.

Ah........ Father Galleger theres a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. I still have a picture of him with my parents from when my sister got killed in Ohio with the Reveries.

Thank God that the sit down happend, otherwise we may never have had a 27th Lancers.

Ah........ Father Galleger theres a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. I still have a picture of him with my parents from when my sister got killed in Ohio with the Reveries.

Nancy-R.I.P.

As I remember it some of the corps staff could barely look at Father Gallagher, or he them after the sit down. What was done was considered an embarrasment back then.

Father Gallagher used to say "Oh my Gud" he could not say the word correctly to save his life.

So, between the sit down, and members joining outside of the parish, it was all over but the crying.

Had it happened on Father Sullivan's watch, there may have not been such an uproar because of the sit down or out of parish people. To him kids were kids.

I should get Gerald Foley to check in here, he marched the years prior as well as the sit down year. A lot of people were like him, they marched in the Reveries however they turned 21 the final year so didn't get to march in 2-7 until 94!! It was a long wait but I know for a fact it was so worth it for them!!

My sister also sat, but she's on a dig in Montana right now......

I remember "Slushy" trying to change the name of the Reverie juniors because of the stigma attached to the sit-down. This was either 1972 or 1973. We (the members) signed a petition to keep our name. I remember feeling that the nautical uniforms set us enough apart from the former "27" Reveries. Any nominations for what we could have been called had we changed the name?? "Adelva" would have been a great name for a winter guard, but as for the corps I'd have nominated "Not the Commodores".

I did sit out '74 in order to avoid being called the "Blueveries", but seeing as that helped create North Star, and boosted '75 Lancers, I guess the talent was there - we were still growing and learning. What's in a name, anyway?

OK, let's try this. What if they were called:

The 45th Lancers

The Madison Brownies

Magic of Kissimmee

Santa Claus Vanguard

Avant Ghoul (Italians should get the joke)

b**bs

"Adelva" would have been a great name for a winter guard

I see Hot Pink and Lime Green uniforms ... b**bs