Music you'd like to see performed...

I was just listening to the band arrangement of "Come Sweet Death" by JS Bach and wondering why the #### no one has used it as a ballad yet.

This was our warm-up piece when I marched with the Rivermen. Great idea for a ballad though.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this will solidify my status as a music geek, but I'd love to hear Ralph Vaughn Williams's Choral/orchestral piece "Dona Nobis Pacem." It has a very contemporary "movie score" sound, ala John Williams/Danny Elfman if you can picture that. Very intense and dark. Maybe for PR? If it's been done before, then I'm an ill-informed 'tard.

I would love to see one of the top 6 (probably SCV) do Morton Gould's "Jericho Rhapsody".

I would also like to see a corps do an entire show based on the music from "Rent".

Van

I was going to suggest Rent also, hasn't someone done it already? Off to corpsrep :grouphug:

I'd like to see Phantom Regiment do the song The Phantom Regiment

So many. I've said some of these before, but I'll say them again.

Requiem Aeternam--John Rutter

Suite Fromt the Black Maskers--Roger Sessions

Be Thou Our Vision--John Rutter

Prayer of St. Gregory--Alan Hovhaness

And I'd like to hear a corps do "The Place Where Dreams Come True" from the Field of Dreams soundtrack. The Cadets did some of it a few years back, but there are lots of other parts that are much better, IMO.

So many. I've said some of these before, but I'll say them again.

Requiem Aeternam--John Rutter

Suite Fromt the Black Maskers--Roger Sessions

Be Thou Our Vision--John Rutter

Prayer of St. Gregory--Alan Hovhaness

And I'd like to hear a corps do "The Place Where Dreams Come True" from the Field of Dreams soundtrack. The Cadets did some of it a few years back, but there are lots of other parts that are much better, IMO.

Welcome fellow music geek! :P Those are all awesome selections. How's about the piece "What Sweeter Music," by Rutter? Would be an unbelieveable ballad.

I was going to suggest Rent also, hasn't someone done it already? Off to corpsrep :grouphug:

As far as I know, no one has done a complete show on it. Corps have done "Seasons of Love" (Crown comes to mind), but no one has done a show based on the musical/movie.

Van