Tupelo Review

Thanks for your honest review. I also watched the Magic warm up prior to a show a few weeks back and saw the same thing - Staff being very negative towards the performers.

I did get the chance to interact with some members though and got the feeling that they are enjoying their summer. They are be challenged with their program...but whats so wrong with that?

Thanks for your honest review. I also watched the Magic warm up prior to a show a few weeks back and saw the same thing - Staff being very negative towards the performers.

I did get the chance to interact with some members though and got the feeling that they are enjoying their summer. They are be challenged with their program...but whats so wrong with that?

I agreed with his Magic review. I may have put the words in a slightly more accommodating fashion, but he was refreshingly frank too, and he did forewarn us that he was not going to sugar coat things with his review. His analysis in my view was right on the money. Their show looked too difficult for their talent level. I'm for challenging the kids. But not frustrating them. When I saw Magic earlier this season, they looked to me like they were having major cross tempo issues with their percussion and brass sections trying hard to play in unison their difficult book. That said, I'm glad to hear reports that the kids spirits are good and they are enjoying their summer tour.

Edited by X DM

Thank you for your honest review. Harsh perhaps, but honest.

Since Madison now has the drill writer from SCV does this mean they are now marching in 2 step intervals instead of the usual 3 step? That was one thing I never really liked about SCV's drill...it was too crowded in most cases. I hope this is not the case with Madison now.