Bawk, who the heck is Lisa Loeb?

~>conner

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the video and all I can say is "wow". I think that there is some unbelievable talent in that group of young people. The hornline sounds like gold and it only helps them out that their ballad is absolutely beautiful. The drumline is sick.....SICK. They're getting so much better as time goes by. The guard seems good also. The work that they have during all of the ballad stuff around the pink table is beautiful and adds a nice touch to the warmth that the hornline and pit is producing. But like I am sure that people have said before, I think that the sabres should be saved for another section of the show. IMO they would be more appropriate during other times. They are good when up close but from the stands, white rifles work so much better. Especially from the audiences perspective. If the tables were closer to the audience and press box judges, the rifles would be just right. But none the less, they are incredible and yes I do think that they are actually getting the scores that they deserve right now. Other corps are executing their show better. Lets face it, Cadets have a hard show. Hard music wise, drill wise and also hard to understand because it is like a big fiasco at this point. They have learned new stuff and are currently making changes in the show to make it flow better and to make it more understandable. If you listen and watch closely and compare it to last years show, there is a lot in there that does create flashbacks of last years show which to me is genius. Yes I do believe that Cadets show this year is a tad bit cheesy and I don't agree with all that they have done in terms of 'pushing the envelope' but for right now, it can only make or break them and we all know that Cadets is the type of corps that drags in the beginning and then kicks butt in the end so give it some time. As the changes are incorporated, I think that the judges and audience will start to make sense of the show and it will work in their favor. Am I saying that Cadets are going to win? No. Am I saying that they won't win? No. I am saying that things take time to be understood just like anything else in life. I hope that someone out there can agree with me on this. Good day.