Anyone else think Regiment can win this thing?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be told.. (and I haven't seen PR since 6/24) Phantom Regiment will not win a World Championship with this show. They can clean it, perform the heck out of it, but Scythian Suite will NEVER EVER bring home DCI Gold.

And I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. Since you've not seen it since June, I can't blame you though. Wait till you see where they've gone with it since just last week. The old version is nothing special, but the new version (or should I say the latest version) is simply stunning.

Faust is not a show that fans leave the stadium saying...wow that's the best drumcorps show out there. You all may disagree with me, and that's fine...but DCI Finals will prove me right and if I am wrong..and they win it all.. BY ALL MEANS bring this post up and I'll do something drastic to my body. MEA CULPA MEA CULPA!

Ummmm......wrong. :) Have you seen how many Regiment signature banners are running around on this site? And I for one, would like to stand up and say that "Faust" is, IMO, the best drum corps show out there. B)

Conner,

Sorry, but with all due respect and taking your age and experience into consideration, you dont really have a clue and are just making words flow out of your mouth. This answer, and in response below to my question. But please, keep loving Phantom !

~G~

(and I do mean with all due respect, theres just no other way to word it)

you're right Michael. You obviously know everything about Phantom Regiment, and therefore should write them a championship drill... IN FACT, write them the same visual program as they did in 89, and see where that gets them.

~>conner

you're right Michael. You obviously know everything about Phantom Regiment, and therefore should write them a championship drill... IN FACT, write them the same visual program as they did in 89, and see where that gets them.

~>conner

Three flaws in this retort.

a) I dont know everything about Phantom Regiment, but I learned quite a bit in the twenty seven years I have been in love with them .

b ) I dont have the credentials to write a drill. I have a rewarding, well paying job, Drum corps is my leisure, my fun.

c ) Whats your problem with 1989 ? And why would you rehash it ? And where WOULD it get them ?

...dont be so pissy, someone posted a great note to you after I wrote to oyu, take their advice, it was right on the money.

~G~

Respect your dinosaur friends, you have more to gain than to lose !!! (Roar !!)

Respect your dinosaur friends, you have more to gain than to lose !!! (Roar !!)

One of the great things about hanging around DCP I might add. :)

I say the real sleeper is Bluecoats. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a Top 2 finish. There is always a surprise at Finals....why not?

Going with the obvious is so 'yesterday'! Nobody here willing to take a chance and jump out on the ledge?

~>conner

Pot meet Kettle! You seem to know everything, so when was the last time you wrote a top notch drill? Where are your creditials?

Oh, I forgot mom and dad...

I seem to remember a time when the Cavies didn't have a drill? Corps improve and Phantom will again have the best drill and win another championship!