San Antonio aftermath...

What conspiracy are you talking about?

The Bluecoats colorguard score was 9/10ths lower than their last show. That's all I was trying to say... no conspiracy about that... just fact. I think if any corps loses that much in one caption in one show's time it is notable.

I don't just mean this. I am talking about all those "will BC get Xth place this year?" threads that when people say "no" to, they get jumped on by some BC fans. Or all that hubbub about BC getting shafted out of the PBS broadcast because of when they performed in 04. It just seems that whenever someone says something that shatters the "BC is the newest member of the Big 3" idea, they get yelled at. Listen, maybe I really am just imagining it. It's just a feeling I get whenever there is a new BC thread.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ...wow, that should be quoted next to the definition of flame-bait in the dictionary

<**> not cool!

Neither are bogus scores!!! (ie, jumping 1.6 points in GE in a day)

The Cavaliers are a pile of ####. This just goes to show that music gets you absolutely nowhere, and all DCI cares about is pleasing little masturbating bandos who have their brains stuck in crap like BOA.

:feednotroll:

I don't just mean this. I am talking about all those "will BC get Xth place this year?" threads that when people say "no" to, they get jumped on by some BC fans. Or all that hubbub about BC getting shafted out of the PBS broadcast because of when they performed in 04. It just seems that whenever someone says something that shatters the "BC is the newest member of the Big 3" idea, they get yelled at. Listen, maybe I really am just imagining it. It's just a feeling I get whenever there is a new BC thread.

Ok... I haven't read those posts, but I think it's pretty ignorant of people to project a corps that has made the top 5 only once a contender for anything more than finalist. Some will remember that Glassmen and Boston Crusaders have both recently occupied the 5 spot in Finals without successfully defending that or improving upon it in subsequent seasons.

The Bluecoats are attempting to prove that they belong here by doing what these corps were unable to do. This is a very difficult task with the current landscape of quality designs and talent in the activity. Please forgive my Blue brethren for their excitement at the prospect of becoming "elite". It means a lot to the alumni who are posting here because we worked very hard to lay the groundwork for the success the current corps is having.

I'd say be happy - I mean come on, Blue just beat the Cadets at a major regional! How often has that happened in the corps history? I totally respect always wanting more, heck, that's what makes a champion - but there also comes a time when you have to take stock of what you have and just be happy.

What's the matter trey, get your feelings hurt? Awwww, poor baby!

Nope, I'm just sad to see a great activity decline. DCI is no longer about the best corps, it's about who can please a simple minded audience the best.