The Cadets

not when they spend a big chunk of the show moving benches around the field...in my opinion, that's not a colorguard, it's a stage crew...they should be wearing all black like other back stage crew members do in theatrical shows.

Your statement was completely blind biased perception. They do not just move benches. You allowed yourself to think that is all they do, or what they spend most of their time doing. They don't rehearse bringing benches with a Rep score of 9.0 and a leading score of execution and excellence. Maybe you should actually try to watch what they're doing once and not some prop movement be an oversight to their skill.

This is the Cadets colorguard, they probably spin more than any other guard out there. Blue Devils may dance more, but they sure as #### don't spin as much as the Cadets do.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement was completely blind biased perception. They do not just move benches. You allowed yourself to think that is all they do, or what they spend most of their time doing. They don't rehearse bringing benches with a Rep score of 9.0 and a leading score of execution and excellence. Maybe you should actually try to watch what they're doing once and not some prop movement be an oversight to their skill.

This is the Cadets colorguard, they probably spin more than any other guard out there. Blue Devils may dance more, but they sure as #### don't spin as much as the Cadets do.

Dude, chill...he knows colorguard. You got to get to know people around here before you go "off" on them.

And dont get me started about a BD vs Cadets guard debate, you will lose, and you couldnt be more wrong about who dances more.

~G~

Is this post from last summer or this summer? Seriously, I remember seeing similiar posts last summer....and we all know what happened. Let's give it a few weeks. I am sure if The Cadets end up in 5th or 4th they will re-evaluate the situation, but I'm thinking they might do better and have a great finals. Doesn't help that the competition is so keen this season....we'll see.

yep last year they made a run at the end which got them the title. However, last year at this time they were 6 tenths from the lead not 3.4 off the lead like they are this year. I don't think they are gonna have enough time to make the run to the top.

Dude, chill...he knows colorguard. You got to get to know people around here before you go "off" on them.

And dont get me started about a BD vs Cadets guard debate, you will lose, and you couldnt be more wrong about who dances more.

~G~

I'm not going off on anyone. I find it rude for anyone to say something similar to "Oh the Cavaliers just march and never play, that's all they do." "The Blue Devils never march they just play, that's all they do". People tend to exaggerate one aspect of an 11.5 minute show that people rehearse and redesign constantly , and it becomes overweighted to the entire picture, almost making other aspects invalid.

This to me seems like a very ignorant and irrational viewpoint. I get this same "hardcore" argument from the 14-17 year olds I teach who are reluctant to attempt anything that their older siblings didn't do, (ie. interprative movement during silent segments and 'theatrical' elements to a show... even the use of props or staging elements).

This made me laugh, because the person you were responding is, in fact, 17 years old. :blink:

Oh, and to be honest I've been lurking for a while but ignorance and poor sentence structure are my weaknesses ;-)

If you haven't noticed, that hasn't held back many of the people who post here B)

I dunno. To me I've always appreciated drum corps for how hardcore it is. Rehearsing in the sweltering heat the whole day, every day, for months, and then going out there and blowing the faces off the audience is nothing BUT hardcore.

Edited by Hrothgar15