The 2006 Pacific Crest show and hornline!

The last time I saw the two corps perform together, Mandarins were better than Pacific Crest. Since then, the one thing that has changed is that Mandarins are rehearsing alot more now (maybe even twice) than PC. I don't think PC will be unprepared by any means, but They are really gonn have to pull a rabit out of a hat to make semis. As strong as the corps are in the top 16 the only spot I really see open is 17th and I see a wicked battle between Mandarins and Southwind for that one. But nothing is impossible.

I suppose that is your opinion, but the Mandarins are not better than Pacific Crest, no offense to the Mandarins. Judges are judges, they have their opinions as well, but numbers don't mean anything, especially when Pacific Crest is involved, since they almost always get the shaft from it all. The one thing that has not changed is that the Mandarins and Pacific Crest are both rehearsing. If you go to Pacific Crest's page they had a camp this weekend, a long one. And for a corp to be as good as Pacific Crest that rehearses less than other corps does not mean the other corps are better. I don't mean to get upset, but people need to understand that just because P.C. is not a full tour corp or doesn't rehearse as much doesn't mean they should be forgotten about. Their rehearsing eddict is obviously extremely well.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not digging on PC, but based on what I have seen as well as the scores, I think that Mandarins will come out on top. I don't think that PC gets shafted because of their name or the amount of time they practice. I think that they get a lot of negative vibes on forums because people don't like the part time thing, but I think they have ended up where they should have been the past couple years. I really enjoyed their show this year and think they have an excellent horn line, but I think that SW or Mandarins have a little more right now.

I suppose that is your opinion, but the Mandarins are not better than Pacific Crest, no offense to the Mandarins. Judges are judges, they have their opinions as well, but numbers don't mean anything, especially when Pacific Crest is involved, since they almost always get the shaft from it all. The one thing that has not changed is that the Mandarins and Pacific Crest are both rehearsing. If you go to Pacific Crest's page they had a camp this weekend, a long one. And for a corp to be as good as Pacific Crest that rehearses less than other corps does not mean the other corps are better. I don't mean to get upset, but people need to understand that just because P.C. is not a full tour corp or doesn't rehearse as much doesn't mean they should be forgotten about. Their rehearsing eddict is obviously extremely well.

I haven't seen either corps, but...on July 15th (their last head to head meeting) their scores were very close. Between July 15th and Allentown PC will rehearse about 44 hours and then have 4 days of tour. Mandarins have had 16 days of tour (having been on tour since July 19th). Assuming corps get an average of 10 hours of rehearsal each day on tour (some days have shows, some not) that would mean PC would have 84 hours of rehearsal and Mandarins would have 160 between July 15th and Allentown. Doing what we do (or did in my case) we have to think generally the corps that practices more will increase their score at a faster rate. The only caveat would be inexperienced corps on tour sometimes implode due to the rigors of tour. But the Mandarins are not an inexperienced corps. Assuming both corps shows have the same potential for growth (a big assumption) Mandarins should come out on top. That being said, there are alot of unknown variables that could effect this outcome.

Their rehearsing eddict is obviously extremely well.

What does this sentence mean?

I'm actually amazed I haven't had to launch into this sooner in the season. I usually have to do it MUCH sooner.

Every single year, someone mega-hypes PC because they're getting great scores on the West coast while everyone else is over here.

Every year, I say that once PC hooks up with everyone, the scores will drop a bit and settle in with the pack.

Every year, I am lambasted for it.

Every year, thats exactly what happens.

So, this isn't a dig on PC at all, but they're going to have to PROVE it to me. I've got too much history on my side.

I'm actually amazed I haven't had to launch into this sooner in the season. I usually have to do it MUCH sooner.

Every single year, someone mega-hypes PC because they're getting great scores on the West coast while everyone else is over here.

Every year, I say that once PC hooks up with everyone, the scores will drop a bit and settle in with the pack.

Every year, I am lambasted for it.

Every year, thats exactly what happens.

So, this isn't a dig on PC at all, but they're going to have to PROVE it to me. I've got too much history on my side.

<**> please don't assume. PC has only been competing at finals since 03. anything could happen. i say we just wait till madison and not count our chickens before they hatch.

<**> i say we just wait till madison and not count our chickens before they hatch.

They're in Warrenton, VA. on Aug. 1st and in the Aug. 5th lineup at Allentown.

I think this is the most competitive show PC has ever offered (still love the Cirque du Soleil show though). The only time I saw PC this season was at the Precision West show in Concord. The hornline blew me away.

Edited by Wildabeast

Shouldn't PC be going on First in Allentown if they havent done any comps for several weeks? I think it's only fair, as floating a score from a few weeks earlier just doenst cut it...and also not doing SA or Atlanta shows.

Shouldn't PC be going on First in Allentown if they havent done any comps for several weeks? I think it's only fair, as floating a score from a few weeks earlier just doenst cut it...and also not doing SA or Atlanta shows.

last year blue devils spent most of the season in europe and missed several big shows

however, they did not go on first in allentown