The 2006 Pacific Crest show and hornline!

I have been deeply impressed with Pacific Crest this year. Their show is something different than what they are used to. They have an outstanding hornline, the best in years. People are underestimating this corp just because they have not gone to the east coast. Of course, the corp may or may not drop points when they head to the east coast, however, that doesn't mean that the corp will continue to decline during their stay. Pacific Crest is definately a semi finalist this year. Corps such as Mandarins, Capital, and Southwind should watch out because they could easily get knocked out this year. Yet why are there so many doubts on Pacific Crest's performances is what I would like to know? This corp is coming out strong this year. It's time for the numbers to reflect it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a recording of their show from Stockton and was impressed by the music they were playing. As to why there are doubts on their performance, I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they don't do a full tour like everybody else- fewer opportunities to be judged doesn't really help their program all that much.

They haven't had a show in a LONG time, and they are still in 17th...

a lot of the "purists" don't like the model they have set up, and the fact that in 2003 the corps came out for the first time and beat 6 corps (2 by the narrowest of margins) didn't sit well with people

Don't remind me...

I never had any doubts about them. I think they'll make top 17 this year. I really liked the show and the hornline IS rockin'!!!

Things will change once they start competing with the other corps. The problem is that if you don't do a show every day, you disappear from the community mind share, and lose points with the "masses". No big deal. I'm predicting no lower than 18th place, maybe as high as 15th.

I think they'll be 17th, edging out the Mandarins for that semi-finals spot.

I think their music is fantastic this year, and can't wait to see them. They have been neck and neck with Mandarins all season long, so it looks like it could be up between them and Mandarins for the 17th spot, although you can't count out Southwind to step it up either. Or any of these 3 corps could step up and knock out Capital Regiment as well. That whole group is just fantastic. What a quarterfinals day we are going to have. I just can't wait.

Pacific Crest's hornline has come such a long way and I am sure they will perform their hearts at every performance to prove to the audiences, judges, and DCI that they are a great corp regardless of not doing the full tour and they should realize that. They are who they are and do what they do for a reason.

The last time I saw the two corps perform together, Mandarins were better than Pacific Crest. Since then, the one thing that has changed is that Mandarins are rehearsing alot more now (maybe even twice) than PC. I don't think PC will be unprepared by any means, but They are really gonn have to pull a rabit out of a hat to make semis. As strong as the corps are in the top 16 the only spot I really see open is 17th and I see a wicked battle between Mandarins and Southwind for that one. But nothing is impossible.