Atlanta Line-up Announced

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask does anyone know why Pioneer is not performing? It seems odd that they wouldn't be there. Also, is Allentown the contest that will determine performance order for Quarters? And does the defending champion still get the honor of performing last at Quarters regardless of placement this year?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...I'm driving 9 hours Friday morning/afternoon to Cookeville. Then 3 hours to Atlanta after the Cookeville show, getting about 6 hours sleep, spending all day Saturday in the Georgia Dome....then driving 12 hours back to Michigan on Sunday!!!! GOTTA LOVE THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah - I'm flying from San Diego to Nashville on Friday morning, then driving to Cookeville. I'll then be driving to the ATL early Saturday morning, doing the Dome on Saturday, and flying back to San Diego on Sunday.....YEAH BABY!!

Does anyone know if CorpVets are getting scored??? :rolleyes:

Yeah - I'm flying from San Diego to Nashville on Friday morning, then driving to Cookeville. I'll then be driving to the ATL early Saturday morning, doing the Dome on Saturday, and flying back to San Diego on Sunday.....YEAH BABY!!

good lord that's quite the trek!

good lord that's quite the trek!

So far he is the winner!! :rolleyes:

More power to you! These all day events are absolutely gruelling to sit through, even for the heartiest fans. I couldn't imagine flying right before that -- remember to take lots of water so you don't get dehydrated. Otherwise, by the evening break, you'll hit the wall!

hey remember when they used to have the preview of champions in the early 90's. There was no seeded corps in the evening show. everyone went on in the morning and the top 12 performed in the evening. I remember in 1991 in madison, Spirit got 12th in the morning show and were slated to go on first in the evening show. I saw the members spend the few hours between the show hanging out in the parking lot, most still in uniform pants. I think they had a snack and some down time then went to their pre show warm ups.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask does anyone know why Pioneer is not performing? It seems odd that they wouldn't be there. Also, is Allentown the contest that will determine performance order for Quarters? And does the defending champion still get the honor of performing last at Quarters regardless of placement this year?

I think performance order is determined by the averages off of SA, Atlanta, and Allentown...

I'm not seeing where the defending champion gets to go on last anymore...Cavies didn't go on last in 2003, nor did they last year

I think performance order is determined by the averages off of SA, Atlanta, and Allentown...

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this idea. I mean every competition is different, every show has different judges. That's just me.

Also does anybody know why DCI doesn't do a big show in Orlando like they had done in the past years? :wub:

As someone mentioned, sitting through these all day events can be a bit tiresome, even for the most dedicated fans. Whatever happened to the two-day format that was used in the early days of San Antonio, Murfeesboro, etc.? I understand cost concerns for DCI but spreading the competition over two days was, I think, better for the audience and helped justify the long trip.