My challenge to the Cadets

Dear Cadets staff,

Remove all vocals by Allentown and I will gladly drop $100 in your fuel fund this year.

What's to prevent them from using your $100 to hire someone to run the sound board? (And for $100, I'm sure they'll get their money's worth...) :wub:

Mike in OH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give all of you a thousand dollars if this site can go one week without a new Cadets/Vocal-related thread.

certified check only

I'll gladly buy from their online store (DVD or two) if they gladly stop the three clowns from running around so much.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show.....but they are uber distracting

I'm not a huge fan of some of the narration, but I believe taking this offer would be what they call "selling out"

Cadets "sold out" somewhat about 5 years ago when they started changing their show design philosophy.

Oh how I long for the days of Cadets shows such as "In A Time When Kings Go Off to War," and some of the Berstein type shows....... No narration, horn licks to die for throughout the show, and drills that left people in fandom on the edge of their seats the entire time the corps was on the field!!!!

I do have to give credit to them, though, where credit is due -- the percussion section still can throw down with the best of them!!!!!

i gave to troopers and i havent been to a dci show in 2 years

Cadets "sold out" somewhat about 5 years ago when they started changing their show design philosophy.

Oh how I long for the days of Cadets shows such as "In A Time When Kings Go Off to War," and some of the Berstein type shows....... No narration, horn licks to die for throughout the show, and drills that left people in fandom on the edge of their seats the entire time the corps was on the field!!!!

I do have to give credit to them, though, where credit is due -- the percussion section still can throw down with the best of them!!!!!

Well in a sense, they sort of sold out (though not as dramatically) when they started taking breaks from Americana, which was their niche for a while and won them 5 championships. But their design philosophy did stay the same. But as for the last 5 years you speak of, they still have thrown down some incredible drill (2000,2001,2005), fantastic horn licks, and brought the audience to its feet far more DURING the show than they usually did in past years (2000 horn/drum break, 2001 Moondance, 2002 Boogie Woogie, 2003 Malaguena). I don't blame them for trying something more general-audience-acceptable, and also for trying to throw caution to the wind and be a bit different from the other corps.